New Staff Selection

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So if people are reporting Mickey Joseph as WR coach that means we either don't have a RB coach or we are not getting a special teams coordinator? 

Is MJ being mentioned because he’s an Husker or because Coach O was fired? Or both? 

I have a hard time believing he would leave Louisiana. He's from Nola, as is all his family. And he’s spent much time doing charity work with underprivileged kids in the area. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Husker1994 said:

Made it to the Nationals big league roster. Dad got a better job in Omaha and other son plays travel ball here in town. 

Going after obnoxious parents is one thing, but going after a kid for taking a big MLB signing bonus and dad taking a better job opportunity is a bit much. 

Why is this here? 

I went to school with his parents. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Could work,  I do realize a lot of teams don't have ST coordinators yeah. I think a lot of those teams have almost every coach involved in ST though, and it's very important for all.  I don't trust Frost to put that much emphasis on it and have all coaches involved without someone working on it full time.  He needs a dedicated STC I believe to make real improvements.

His lack of concern for special teams will remain beyond this season.  Our esteemed coach believes that 2 point conversions constitute special teams.  

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Is MJ being mentioned because he’s an Husker or because Coach O was fired? Or both? 

I have a hard time believing he would leave Louisiana. He's from Nola, as is all his family. And he’s spent much time doing charity work with underprivileged kids in the area. 

He may not have a choice but to leave Louisiana, unless he went to work for one of the non-Power 5 schools in the state. He sure as heck won't be retained by LSU. 

10 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm only going off rumors people are posting in here and on Twitter. 

@runningblind @Hedley Lamarr

Oh sorry I was confused what you were saying then. Yeah that is the assistant setup I thought would be the best with keeping Beckton. I was just wondering how the rumors of MJ fits in or if they are just false. Maybe he is gonna coach RB again 

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Could work,  I do realize a lot of teams don't have ST coordinators yeah. I think a lot of those teams have almost every coach involved in ST though, and it's very important for all.  I don't trust Frost to put that much emphasis on it and have all coaches involved without someone working on it full time.  He needs a dedicated STC I believe to make real improvements.

As poor as we are and have been at ST, I don’t disagree at all.  I would like to se what our WR’s could look like with a dedicated coach as well.  

42 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He may not have a choice but to leave Louisiana, unless he went to work for one of the non-Power 5 schools in the state. He sure as heck won't be retained by LSU. 

I would venture that he would only for the OC position 

he’s a super human being. 

• Plus1 1
50 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

AFAIK he's the only one that there's been any actual smoke around. Every other name thrown out has been speculation.

8 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Chad Morris as OC?  

Saw this rumor somewhere else.  Was once the golden boy OC, then fell on his face at Arkansas and got canned after 10 games in his 2nd year (while going 0-14 against the SEC).  Now he's a HS football coach.

One problem is that he is still coaching in the Texas HS playoffs and if his team keeps winning he wouldn't be available until after the December signing date.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Saw this rumor somewhere else.  Was once the golden boy OC, then fell on his face at Arkansas and got canned after 10 games in his 2nd year (while going 0-14 against the SEC).  Now he's a HS football coach.

One problem is that he is still coaching in the Texas HS playoffs and if his team keeps winning he wouldn't be available until after the December signing date.

Well I guess Frost is serious about getting more recruits from Texas if we are hiring a flameout P5 coach from Texas high school ranks.:hiphip

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, theknife said:

Well I guess Frost is serious about getting more recruits from Texas if we are hiring a flameout P5 coach from Texas high school ranks.:hiphip

We aren’t hiring Morris. The only place talking about this is some random unverified Twitter account who’s changed who the hire is going to be every 20 minutes. 

I’d rather get John Garrison back than hire Donovan Raiola.