New Staff Selection

Beyond Joseph and Brumfield, what could be done is going with Korn or Peetz as a coordinator. Then a more senior advisor is brought in such as Ciarrocca as an analyst given his experience in the Big 10 and other considerations.

Riaola or Garrison OL. Possibly Davis as OL/Run game coordinator. Compensate him well.  Sowder at Kent State is somewhat intriguing but like Korn he's not well seasoned IMO. It's quite a step up for both. At any rate, whatever combination there is the offensive line has got to be a priority. It HAS to be solid.

Bill Busch and Matt Davison have likely been working extensively behind the scenes identifying potential options. I'm still not thrilled with Helfrich or Herman coming on board. And if Chad Morris comes out of the woodwork to be our OC, I'll eat my socks. 

13 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Beyond Joseph and Brumfield, what could be done is going with Korn or Peetz as a coordinator. Then a more senior advisor is brought in such as Ciarrocca as an analyst given his experience in the Big 10 and other considerations.

Riaola or Garrison OL. Possibly Davis as OL/Run game coordinator. Compensate him well.  Sowder at Kent State is somewhat intriguing but like Korn he's not well seasoned IMO. It's quite a step up for both. At any rate, whatever combination there is the offensive line has got to be a priority. It HAS to be solid.

Bill Busch and Matt Davison have likely been working extensively behind the scenes identifying potential options. I'm still not thrilled with Helfrich or Herman coming on board. And if Chad Morris comes out of the woodwork to be our OC, I'll eat my socks. 

Hiring Peetz as OC is a fireable offense itself. I have absolutely no idea why his name is even being considered, he has been absolutely awful at LSU and has no other relevant coordinator experience. His husker ties are not a qualification. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I think Korn is probably the best fit scheme-wise. I do think Frost will take a more CEO style role, but don't kid yourself and think he will be uninvolved with the offensive process. 

The key here is going to be getting a rockstar OL coach and surround him with rockstar recruiters

People keep saying this but who are you talking about/ which position coaches.  You just mentioned an OC, and an OL plus rockstar recruiters. There are just two positions left at that point,  WR and ST maybe,  are they doing all the recruiting for the OL and entire team? Genuinely curious as only the 10 staff members can recruit and only 4 will be new.

14 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have no idea who this is but just sharing the rumor/speculation that I am seeing on twitter. The fact that Chad Morris is mentioned makes me not trust much of what is said, but hey, it's speculation.

Dude is just throwing s#!t at the wall, but he’s getting attention because the only real smoke seems to be around Mickey Joseph 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, theknife said:

Dude is just throwing s#!t at the wall, but he’s getting attention because the only real smoke seems to be around Mickey Joseph 

This guy is a farce. He has no sources and is essentially just aggregating what has already been reported and playing it off as if he’s some sort of insider. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, runningblind said:

People keep saying this but who are you talking about/ which position coaches.  You just mentioned an OC, and an OL plus rockstar recruiters. There are just two positions left at that point,  WR and ST maybe,  are they doing all the recruiting for the OL and entire team? Genuinely curious as only the 10 staff members can recruit and only 4 will be new.

I have no information and a very uneducated opinion.

If I were in charge, I'd go all in on the OL coach. Everything must be centered around them for offense. The rest will fall into place, but they must be ace recruiters. It'd be something like:

-OC/QB - New guy 

-OL - New guy

-WR/TE - Beckton

-RB - Ron Brown or new guy

-ST Coordinator - Hopefully Sean Snyder or someone like that.

13 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Chad Morris being talked about elsewhere too. Had really good offenses at Clemson and SMU. Also his kid is a freshman at TCU and torched Aranda and Baylor for 500 total yards this year. TX HS connections wouldn’t hurt either 

Where else is Morris being talked about? The only thing I see is this farce Twitter account, and people retweeting this farce Twitter account.