New Staff Selection

7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

True but they are also heading to the best conference in college football. The SEC is drastically different landscape than the big 12. You will be expected to be physical on BOTH sides of the ball. Cant just play offense in the SEC.

I agree on all that.  I think they'll adjust just fine tho, will still get those texas recruits in their backyard and now have access to SEC recruits that they'll play in more often.  They definitely need to adjust a bit, but some posters on here calling for oklahoma to trend towards a .500 program at best is comical.

Just now, Red Five said:

We're going to end up with a ST analyst again, aren't we?

No, the next ST coach will be titled that although he may also be a position coach as well.  Or, more likely Frost splits special teams into two areas (maybe offense - punts and KO returns and place kicking) vs defense (punt returns, kick offs, kick blocks, onsides, etc).  This makes some sense IF he can’t bring himself to admit he has totally f-ed up by ignoring special teams coaching at a serious level for FOUR years.   

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I never said conf realignment doesnt affect progrum success.  I think you comparing missouri, colorado and our profile in the 08-2010 range to Oklahoma the past few years is ignorant at best.

Oklahoma= consistent top 5/top 10 in a down year, multiple playoff participant and conf champ most years.

Nebraska 09= Conf title contender? I mean sure, we made it to the big 12 title game but we were 10-4, let's not pretend we even came close to walking into conf title season with 1 or 2 losses at most.

Missouri has trended in the SEC to pretty much what they were in the big 12.  A middling progrum that is towards the bottom most years and happened to have one year where things came together coupled with a weak division.

Colorado- Was trending pretty abysmally towards the end of the big 12 run and, for the most part, has been an afterthought in CFB for a decade now.

Literally none of the 3 progrums u mentioned, including us, are remotely similar to the track record Oklahoma has brought to the table in the past 5-20 years.

Ah yes, because going 10-4 and playing in the weakest division at the time puts us on the same level as oklahoma being top 10 the past few years.  Take off your husker shaded glasses, please stop

Dude, you’re creating the narrative you want to believe and that’s fine. Please don’t pass it on as fact. 

For the bolded… which conference has Oklahoma played in the past ten years? Could it be the same division and conference you belittled Nebraska for going 10-4 consistently? Oklahoma is a good program and wins consistently but, let’s not reduce conference realignment to having just a little “direct impact on program success.”

To do so would be wildly ill-advised without evidence to the contrary. No P5 program that changed conferences has won a title in their respective conference the past ten years. I believe that is enough of a sample size to emphasize a significant impact.

Let's only hire assistants with ties to the University of Nebraska.  If you did not previously play for, associate with, or work for / with the University of Nebraska football program, you need not apply.

Another notable program once took such a dim hiring view, Alabama perhaps?  Ray Perkins, Mike Dubose, and Mike Shula all had sterling years at the helm of that program (with sarcasm).  That said, even in consistent defeat, at least they all were Tide loyalists!

Time to open our minds to program outsiders.  The era of Devaney and Osborne, while rightfully still revered and honored, is over..

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Dude, you’re creating the narrative you want to believe and that’s fine. Please don’t pass it on as fact. 

For the bolded… which conference has Oklahoma played in the past ten years? Could it be the same division and conference you belittled Nebraska for going 10-4 consistently? Oklahoma is a good program and wins consistently but, let’s not reduce conference realignment to having just a little “direct impact on program success.”

To do so would be wildly ill-advised without evidence to the contrary. No P5 program that changed conferences has won a title in their respective conference the past ten years. I believe that is enough of a sample size to emphasize a significant impact.

I tend to agree that OU fans may be feeling pretty uneasy right now.  Coach quits. Players leaving.  New conference with atleast 3 or 4 super power type programs (Ala, Ga, LSU, Fl) and then rival Tx, Tenn, Auborn, A&M, and several more that are never less than pretty challenging teams for anybody).   The Big 12 offered about 5 easy games and maybe 3 challengers and one real toughie.  No more conference titles awaiting them unless they play great fb almost every week.  
Riley gets out at a good time imo.  USC could become royalty in the PAC 12.  Only one or two rivals.  Southern Cal is USC property with a big name coach for several years.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1