New Staff Selection

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I tend to agree that OU fans may be feeling pretty uneasy right now.  Coach quits. Players leaving.  New conference with atleast 3 or 4 super power type programs (Ala, Ga, LSU, Fl) and then rival Tx, Tenn, Auborn, A&M, and several more that are never less than pretty challenging teams for anybody).   The Big 12 offered about 5 easy games and maybe 3 challengers and one real toughie.  No more conference titles awaiting them unless they play great fb almost every week.  
Riley gets out at a good time imo.  USC could become royalty in the PAC 12.  Only one or two rivals.  Southern Cal is USC property with a big name coach for several years.  

I saw in one story (sorry I don't have a link at the moment) that said Riley was not a fan of the move the SEC and that was a contributor to him leaving OK.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I tend to agree that OU fans may be feeling pretty uneasy right now.  Coach quits. Players leaving.  New conference with atleast 3 or 4 super power type programs (Ala, Ga, LSU, Fl) and then rival Tx, Tenn, Auborn, A&M, and several more that are never less than pretty challenging teams for anybody).   The Big 12 offered about 5 easy games and maybe 3 challengers and one real toughie.  No more conference titles awaiting them unless they play great fb almost every week.  
Riley gets out at a good time imo.  USC could become royalty in the PAC 12.  Only one or two rivals.  Southern Cal is USC property with a big name coach for several years.  

Agreed 100%. Go from the top of the food chain to being among a handful of equals. I’d have to imagine Oklahoma and Texas will get a bit of a raw deal with scheduling for awhile too. 

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Any word on defensive staff staying in tact? If Fisher gets pulled away to another school, the natural thing for us would be to slide Busch in as ST coordinator and secondary coach, no?

Can Ron Brown coach special teams? Joe Ganz?

I wouldnt mind losing a LBer coach that we could replace with Busch....

• Plus1 5

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

100% agree with this.  Need a coach dedicated to ST first, and then maybe help out with a position group.

If we had really good ST play already with a position coach doing it and needing to find a new one, I would be fine with it.  Problem is, our ST is such a disaster, it needs special attention from someone GOOD and committed to just that.

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Dude, you’re creating the narrative you want to believe and that’s fine. Please don’t pass it on as fact. 

For the bolded… which conference has Oklahoma played in the past ten years? Could it be the same division and conference you belittled Nebraska for going 10-4 consistently? Oklahoma is a good program and wins consistently but, let’s not reduce conference realignment to having just a little “direct impact on program success.”

To do so would be wildly ill-advised without evidence to the contrary. No P5 program that changed conferences has won a title in their respective conference the past ten years. I believe that is enough of a sample size to emphasize a significant impact.

Ah yes, because a handful of teams, none of which were elite or even close to elite at said time of conference moving, is a fair sample size and totally an apt comparison to a title contending, conference champ program.  You sir must have gotten an A+ in statistics back in the day because your perspective and scientific reasoning is bullet proof!  

If any one is creating the narrative they want to believe in I think its you bud.  I simply laid out facts that Oklahoma, whether you want to look at the past 3, 5, 10, 20 years, is significantly better than where any of the teams you outlined at the time they switched.

Your argument would have legs if said schools were actual conference  champs prior to moving, but they weren't.  In fact, of those schools- we were by far the closest and yet I'd still confidently make the case that our profile in the late aughts pales in comparison to the progrum oklahoma has had and will continue to had.     

17 minutes ago, observer3 said:

I saw in one story (sorry I don't have a link at the moment) that said Riley was not a fan of the move the SEC and that was a contributor to him leaving OK.

I bet.  OU owned a share of the Big 12 title almost.  Now - at best a contender.  And that’s before the Sooners get the Big Ten / Neb treatment of unfair scheduling/refs/foster child status for a decade.   The SEC wanted Texas - like Big Ten wanted Neb because they are a big audience draw nationally but are not a real threat to actually win often.  
The Big Ten is probably very surprised at NU fb popularity despite our losing for decades.  Note:  the Big Ten did let us play close to keep those fans watching.   Soon they will have to let us win some games of significance or they will lose us altogether.   But it won’t last long.  
i think Mich was due for one vs OSU.  Grumbling and rumbling in Ann Arbor no doubt.    Lol.  Watch Iowa beat Mich and screw the whole conference out of $$$ millions.  

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1