New Staff Selection

42 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Unless that guy still has some important games to coach yet this year...  

29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Well, a quality OC is going to be either still coaching or getting other offers that they're considering. So we could guarantee a quick hire by offering a lesser OC or try getting a better OC but that comes with delays and risk of not accepting our offer. As I've posted elsewhere, Nebraska can't operate unilaterally - the coaches we're interested in have free will to do what they want and there's additional considerations like how many jobs are available and what other teams are offering.

I hope your guy’s hopes are well placed and we still land that splash hire. As for me, this season broke me. I still believe the delay in getting it done is causing harm. Maybe it’s necessary harm to get the right guy, which is the most important thing, but with recruiting, dead periods, identifying portal players and such the delay is not ideal at all.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, Koltman said:

Bill Callahan?

My dream candidate would be Bill Bedenbaugh.   With all the turmoil going on in Norman and the bad blood in USC, he may be willing to come here as OC/OL.  That offense would merge (in my fan eye point of view) nicely with the offense Frost runs.

2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

He doesn't need to implement the triple option. He does, however, need to implement some discipline. Perfect candidate for that. 

Then he can be an analyst, because hiring an OC that's only ever coached the triple option makes zero sense for the roster or a prove it year. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Don't know anything just throwing this out. Don't know if this would work.

Co-OC/QB coach: Willy Korn

RB Coach: Becton

WR/TE Coach: Mickey Joseph 

Co-OC/OL: Brent Davis

Special Teams: Busch

Would you make MJ recruiting coordinator too, like the rumors have suggested? Seems like that plus WRs plus TEs would be a lot...

• Fire 1