New Staff Selection

59 minutes ago, Toe said:

If it's Army's OC, I almost feel like Frost would have to name a separate passing game coordinator.

I thought about this when Army's OC surfaced as the first internet rumor.  I think Frost would just be the de facto passing game coordinator so I don't think it would be necessary to bring in another coach to fill the role.

That being said, I don't really think Frost would have the good sense to do something outside the box and bring in one of the Option coordinators.  I assume it's just wishful thinking by fans.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Literally the exact opposite of what Frost said he was going to do, Frost said that he wants to CEO this ship and let his coordinators call the plays. 

Yeah, but Frost would still want something he prefers from an offensive style and output. If you thought he would go all Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa on offense, you are delusional. 

• Plus1 1

The question that keeps coming up to me about he OC hire is. Are they going to be able to do enough in 1 year to prove to the fans that we are heading in the right direction. In order to prove that to me it has to be a big time  coach to even move the needle. If not I would say scrap it and get a completely new staff, to me all signs point to us looking for a new head coach in a year anyway outside of a Tom Herman OC hire. I do not see any options on the table that would get me excited about a OC other than Herman. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, RichardHangslow said:

The question that keeps coming up to me about he OC hire is. Are they going to be able to do enough in 1 year to prove to the fans that we are heading in the right direction. In order to prove that to me it has to be a big time  coach to even move the needle. If not I would say scrap it and get a completely new staff, to me all signs point to us looking for a new head coach in a year anyway outside of a Tom Herman OC hire. I do not see any options on the table that would get me excited about a OC other than Herman. 

Plus some big name hires might be able to salvage this recruiting class by upgrading quality. Maybe numbers are low but solid rankings 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Plus some big name hires might be able to salvage this recruiting class by upgrading quality. Maybe numbers are low but solid rankings 

We have plenty of young guys on the roster thanks to the covid year. We need stop gap from JUCO and the portal to make up for all the misses and attrition from the early cycles. 

3 minutes ago, theknife said:

We have plenty of young guys on the roster thanks to the covid year. We need stop gap from JUCO and the portal to make up for all the misses and attrition from the early cycles. 

I get that. Like I said the class is small. But if you gonna bring in 13 why not bring in as good of 13 as possible. What if you could close with a couple wandale talents who could help next year. That doesn’t change JUCO or transfer kids 

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, but Frost would still want something he prefers from an offensive style and output. If you thought he would go all Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa on offense, you are delusional. 

Anyone who thinks any CEO type HC isn’t going to have input into what type of offense his team runs, really isn’t understanding how this works. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I get that. Like I said the class is small. But if you gonna bring in 13 why not bring in as good of 13 as possible. What if you could close with a couple wandale talents who could help next year. That doesn’t change JUCO or transfer kids 

Hey, I'm all for it. Especially with this shake up of coaches, maybe a couple gems start looking. I was just thinking it's pretty hard with early signing day coming up.