New Staff Selection

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Sounds like you are justing hating on a young man for no reason.

I'm not hating on him. I'm sure Nash is a great kid, and I want him to succeed at NU. I did find his dad a bit annoying during the recruiting process. I get being proud of your son and doing things to get him noticed/recruited, but Nash's dad was a bit much.

I know Nash is a big, strong kid with a wrestling background, but I think he needs a lot of improvement to be anywhere close to how Daniels played this year. I think it would be worth bringing in a JUCO NT or look in the transfer portal for another body. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not hating on him. I'm sure Nash is a great kid, and I want him to succeed at NU. I did find his dad a bit annoying during the recruiting process. I get being proud of your son and doing things to get him noticed/recruited, but Nash's dad was a bit much.

I know Nash is a big, strong kid with a wrestling background, but I think he needs a lot of improvement to be anywhere close to how Daniels played this year. I think it would be worth bringing in a JUCO NT or look in the transfer portal for another body. 

Dad was annoying.  

I still think Nash can be very good. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lots of dads are like that, it's just because he is close to lincoln the media pics more of it up.  I heard enough about the Reese kids growing up that I was glad when they moved.  He is young and he needs better footwork.   But I agree need another nt. 

31 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Nash isn’t even close to being ready to play. The hype for him needs to go away.

Dude, yes.  I have been saying this since the recruitment.  

The cool name, the small town, his Dad filming him and tweeting it out and calling him the polar bear...it was all a bit much.

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Lots of dads are like that, it's just because he is close to lincoln the media pics more of it up.  I heard enough about the Reese kids growing up that I was glad when they moved.  He is young and he needs better footwork.   But I agree need another nt. 

Who are the Reese kids? Are they heirs to the chocolate and peanut butter candy empire?

48 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Daniels, Thomas, Stille, CTB, Williams, Dismuke....

Don't worry about it Hedley. The "next man up" crowd has assured me we'll just plug and play who ever is behind these guys with no drop off. Worst case, we grab a bunch of guys off out of the portal or JC and they will be ready to go by game one with again, no drop off.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I thought about this when Army's OC surfaced as the first internet rumor.  I think Frost would just be the de facto passing game coordinator so I don't think it would be necessary to bring in another coach to fill the role.

That being said, I don't really think Frost would have the good sense to do something outside the box and bring in one of the Option coordinators.  I assume it's just wishful thinking by fans.

I can't see the OC being to far from from what they currently run. It's not like Frost has the luxury of time like a new HC in year one where he can afford to make some mistakes along the way while they learn a new system. They've got to hit the ground running and win from the first game on. Another year like this year while the team adapts to a new system and Frost will be long gone (like he should already have been).

• Plus1 1