Road to Consistency

I am I

10 yr contracts 

$4-10M per year 

coaches fired who are National Championship winners. 

The portal 

NIL 

Skill kids leaving all over, not waiting to be developed 

lockdown gave way to 6 yr seniors 

with the Coach from the South leaving for a real damn challenge, I’m even more satisfied retaining Frost. Look at the pendulum: 

coaches were fired across the land after 3 sometimes 4 yrs the last 8-10yrs. Waaaay too soon imo. Now it’s “get the coach in to build a program long term to show solid program”. 

now the coaches are grabbing long term contracts (some seemingly unwarranted) and even moving on from playoff teams and great $$. It’s a war of attrition, and I like that we will stick through; Frost has his culture here finally, they never quit on this coach.  Methinks it will pay off 

it’s really turbulent out there and Alberts went back to the well. Seeing what’s going on, I’m glad he did, despite the record we are really close to having it pay off 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, I am I said:

10 yr contracts 

$4-10M per year 

coaches fired who are National Championship winners. 

The portal 

NIL 

Skill kids leaving all over, not waiting to be developed 

lockdown gave way to 6 yr seniors 

with the Coach from the South leaving for a real damn challenge, I’m even more satisfied retaining Frost. Look at the pendulum: 

coaches were fired across the land after 3 sometimes 4 yrs the last 8-10yrs. Waaaay too soon imo. Now it’s “get the coach in to build a program long term to show solid program”. 

now the coaches are grabbing long term contracts (some seemingly unwarranted) and even moving on from playoff teams and great $$. It’s a war of attrition, and I like that we will stick through; Frost has his culture here finally, they never quit on this coach.  Methinks it will pay off 

it’s really turbulent out there and Alberts went back to the well. Seeing what’s going on, I’m glad he did, despite the record we are really close to having it pay off 

Mel Tucker has won 3 less games than Frost.....in half the time. Dave Clawson won 6 more games than Frost in his first 4 years at WAKE FOREST. 

If you fire him you would have started the process all over again. This coaches cycle will be crazy and Nebraska is not a tier 1 destination (right now) and several of those jobs are open.  You aren't attracting people at a place that fired the last guy that had success (I'd take 9 wins and a temper), brought in one of there own and fired him too.  Keep the guy that wants to do it and let him do it. The pay cut is one thing, but also on took it on the buyout.  He found out in the P5 schools you must be more of a CEO unlike at UCF.  Consistency is what made Nebraska a power house.  Coaches with 20+ years on staff and in some cases 30+.  If it doesn't happen next year then it's time to look elsewhere.  

• Plus1 2

Since the weekly press conferences have come to an abrupt end, we all have a collective responsibility to maintain the positive momentum this current staff has generated over the past 4 years.  As we know, we are very close now.....

Therefore, I am happy to report that there is a great deal of energy around the program today.  The kids have bounced back with incredible enthusiasm in both the practice and S&C facilities.  This is a good team that the breaks have gone against.  One or two plays more per game, and the League Championship is in sight.  

Now I know why this coach earns $5 million annually (now $4 million), selling this each week is in point of fact really difficult...

3 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Since the weekly press conferences have come to an abrupt end, we all have a collective responsibility to maintain the positive momentum this current staff has generated over the past 4 years.  As we know, we are very close now.....

Therefore, I am happy to report that there is a great deal of energy around the program today.  The kids have bounced back with incredible enthusiasm in both the practice and S&C facilities.  This is a good team that the breaks have gone against.  One or two plays more per game, and the League Championship is in sight.  

Now I know why this coach earns $5 million annually (now $4 million), selling this each week is in point of fact really difficult...

Practice facility?  I thought Scott was talked to about that . . .