Alongside with new staff hires, one thing that needs to happen:

Cdog923

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Illinois.

forgot - 5 games   - We easily could have been a 8 win team if the ball bounced a bit differently.  Of course, who knows how it would have really played out in those situations if the mistakes didn't occur- it is only speculation at this point. 

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

forgot - 5 games   - We easily could have been a 8 win team if the ball bounced a bit differently.  Of course, who knows how it would have really played out in those situations if the mistakes didn't occur- it is only speculation at this point. 

But, what we do know is that piss poor ST play DIDN'T allow us to win.

I believe we would have won most, if not all, of those games if we had good ST play.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, what we do know is that piss poor ST play DIDN'T allow us to win.

I believe we would have won most, if not all, of those games if we had good ST play.

I agree.  In many of those games we had the momentum until the  blocked punt, blocked extra point, wrong punt, allowed return, mishandled kickoff or punt, etc  Unbelievable the # of of ways we screwed up on ST.  

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree.  In many of those games we had the momentum until the  blocked punt, blocked extra point, wrong punt, allowed return, mishandled kickoff or punt, etc  Unbelievable the # of of ways we screwed up on ST.  

Now, flip that and think about how the momentum can flip the other way with GOOD ST plays for US.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

38 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Now, flip that and think about how the momentum can flip the other way with GOOD ST plays for US.

yes, the importance of good ST play could actually save Frost's job next year.  I hope he hires a ST coach who can concentrate on this area.  

After thinking about this fact recently, I have to take back some of my comments regarding Adrian's red zone scoring (lack thereof).  We'd have a different perception of red zone scoring if more field goals were made.  If our former all Big 10 FG kicker had performed as he did the previous year, then the offense as a whole would have looked better.  Many fewer wasted offensive series that ended up wt zero points.   I really wonder what got into Culp's head where he was night and day difference from one year to the next.  :dunno

• Plus1 1