Rest of Season

How many wins for the remainder of the season. 24 games.  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now NU has 10 scholarship players available unless they are going to burn redshirts for McPherson or Kojenets - Andre, Edwards, Lakes, Mayen, Bryce McGowens, Tominaga, Verge, Walker, Webster & Wilcher. 

I'm not sure who I'd like to see start, but I definitely want Verge & Mayen out of the starting lineup.  Verge just doesn't work at the point & Mayen is useless if he's not making 3's because his defensive effort/ability is crap.

I guess that makes Webster the starter at the point, but I'm not sure that's a great option either.  They could try McGowens, but he is like a taller version of Verge - no passing allowed.  Tominaga played point for the last couple of minutes vs Michigan, but I don't see him as the answer either.

If Breidenbach wasn't injured, I'd start him over Mayen because at least he hustles.  I don't see Lakes as the answer at the 4.  Maybe go big and play Andre at 4 and leave Walker at 5, or go small and put Edwards at the 4? 

Wilcher seems to be better when he comes off the bench, but hasn't looked very good the last few games.

I'm just glad I'm not Hoiberg and have to put a starting 5 together and find a rotation that works.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Right now NU has 10 scholarship players available unless they are going to burn redshirts for McPherson or Kojenets - Andre, Edwards, Lakes, Mayen, Bryce McGowens, Tominaga, Verge, Walker, Webster & Wilcher. 

I'm not sure who I'd like to see start, but I definitely want Verge & Mayen out of the starting lineup.  Verge just doesn't work at the point & Mayen is useless if he's not making 3's because his defensive effort/ability is crap.

I guess that makes Webster the starter at the point, but I'm not sure that's a great option either.  They could try McGowens, but he is like a taller version of Verge - no passing allowed.  Tominaga played point for the last couple of minutes vs Michigan, but I don't see him as the answer either.

If Breidenbach wasn't injured, I'd start him over Mayen because at least he hustles.  I don't see Lakes as the answer at the 4.  Maybe go big and play Andre at 4 and leave Walker at 5, or go small and put Edwards at the 4? 

Wilcher seems to be better when he comes off the bench, but hasn't looked very good the last few games.

I'm just glad I'm not Hoiberg and have to put a starting 5 together and find a rotation that works.

I think this is where losing Tre hurts a lot.  He's a seasoned veteran that I've always thought would be our best PG.  Now, it's like they are trying to force Verge into the roll and it's not working.  I have gone on a rollercoaster over Verge.  The NC State game gave me a big boost in excitement.  Then, he goes out and is part of the Michigan fiasco.

I would love to see a big shakeup in the starting lineup.  I'm not sure you can sit McGowens and Walker has been pretty solid.  I think everyone else is on the table for change.  

I would start McGowens, Webster, Andre, Wilcher, Walker

This might not be the best lineup.  But, I think there's enough starters that need taught a lesson that they need to sit.  You can bring them in in the first half and see if they learned and start playing team ball and doing what Fred wants.

• Plus1 1

I have reevaluated after the last two games.  I think they have maybe 3 wins left for the season.  Kennesaw State should be a win and pull off a couple of minor home upsets in conference.  I had always assumed they would lose to Michigan & Auburn, but I thought they'd be in the game for more than the first five minutes.

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

I have reevaluated after the last two games.  I think they have maybe 3 wins left for the season.  Kennesaw State should be a win and pull off a couple of minor home upsets in conference.  I had always assumed they would lose to Michigan & Auburn, but I thought they'd be in the game for more than the first five minutes.

If they don't change how they play, you're being generous.  

• Plus1 1