SIGNED - RB Emmett Johnson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/9/2021 at 8:26 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Is he better than Hayes that is already committed?

Hayes has more speed, Johnson has really good cutting ability. Both look about the same size. Pretty similar imo - I think Hayes maybe a guy who can see the field quicker but Johnson with more potential overall.

For how high Frost was on Ervin (freshman), and we still have Johnson/Yant who will only be a sophomores I'm surprised that we take two. 

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Hayes has more speed, Johnson has really good cutting ability. Both look about the same size. Pretty similar imo - I think Hayes maybe a guy who can see the field quicker but Johnson with more potential overall.

For how high Frost was on Ervin (freshman), and we still have Johnson/Yant who will only be a sophomores I'm surprised that we take two. 

Unless they truly feel one or both are major upgrades (I.e top 5 RB in nation), they need to get more O linemen and defense first.  Not really even a discussion imo. 

I got a little Mo Washington vibes watching him, tbh. Very quick, pulls away in the open field, but it is the lateral change of direction for me. This guy loves to bounce it outside and just turn on the jets. Would be very happy if we got this one, I have no idea why that type of film doesn't have this guy swimming in P5 offers. 

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

If we trust this: https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=14775799

11.2 PR in the 100, 23.16 in the 200. Looks faster with pads on to me, which is what I'll take. 

Hm.  About what I would have guessed.  He’s fast enough for the offense we run or apparently are planning to run.  Sweeps and between the tackles mostly.  Any FBs in the recruiting lists?  We need a couple.  Maybe a couple Mackovicka boys about the right age by now?  Spelling ?  lol. Been awhile.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

I got a little Mo Washington vibes watching him, tbh. Very quick, pulls away in the open field, but it is the lateral change of direction for me. This guy loves to bounce it outside and just turn on the jets. Would be very happy if we got this one, I have no idea why that type of film doesn't have this guy swimming in P5 offers. 

Meh prior to his massive senior year 

• Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - RB Emmett Johnson
  • Mavric pinned this topic