SIGNED - RB Emmett Johnson

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Johnson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/13/2021 at 10:08 AM, Decked said:

Meh prior to his massive senior year 

Decked, it seems he had a good senior year for sure.

Here are those numbers:
He amassed 2,733 all-purpose yards (rushing, receiving and returning), surpassing 100 yards on the ground in each game, breaking 200 yards or more seven times and had four or more touchdowns in eight games. Defensively he made 71 tackles, including 10 for loss, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He returned three punts for 28 yards and returned four kickoffs 181 yards including one touchdown. 

Here are his "totals" for high school:
623 carries for 4,697 yards and 62 touchdowns. He scored 66 total touchdowns and accounted for 5,868 all-purpose yards. He added 138 tackles, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

My guess is that between from his Junior and Sophomore season the rest of those stats came.  He was on only an 8-3 team this past year.  So, it appears that he was probably one of only a few really good players for them.  Sounds like a guy that we would like if not only for a year or two [until we decide that they are good to have for their Junior and Senior season like Wandale? Right]. 

With losing Hayes, and Citizen a long-shot, he looks like a good get.  So, why the "meh" for you?

2 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Here are those numbers:
He amassed 2,733 all-purpose yards (rushing, receiving and returning), surpassing 100 yards on the ground in each game, breaking 200 yards or more seven times and had four or more touchdowns in eight games. Defensively he made 71 tackles, including 10 for loss, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. He returned three punts for 28 yards and returned four kickoffs 181 yards including one touchdown. 

623 carries for 4,697 yards and 62 touchdowns. He scored 66 total touchdowns and accounted for 5,868 all-purpose yards. He added 138 tackles, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

My guess is that between from his Junior and Sophomore season the rest of those stats came.  He was on only an 8-3 team this past year.  So, it appears that he was probably one of only a few really good players for them.  Sounds like a guy that we would like if not only for a year or two [until we decide that they are good to have for their Junior and Senior season like Wandale? Right]. 

With losing Hayes, and Citizen a long-shot, he looks like a good get.  So, why the "meh" for you?

Lazy phrasing by me. He improved a lot. Stats jumped up a ton from his senior year. My guess is covid made it hard to eval him. 

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Lazy phrasing by me. He improved a lot. Stats jumped up a ton from his senior year. My guess is covid made it hard to eval him. 

Got it.  Ya, I wasn't debating ... just seeking your input or view.  Anymore ... or moving forward, I just don't know.  I'm still overall thinking that the OL is still a few years away before I can truly see what a RB looks like [at least, that is what seems to be being sold to my mind].

18 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Here are those numbers:

I think the biggest thing is, I'm not sure if he's much different than most of the running backs we've been recruiting. 

At least at Nebraska, all our RBs generate average production. I'm not sure if it's scheme, blocking, or a combination.  

Let's hope he is a stud and plays above his rating.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think the biggest thing is, I'm not sure if he's much different than most of the running backs we've been recruiting. 

At least at Nebraska, all our RBs generate average production. I'm not sure if it's scheme, blocking, or a combination.  

Let's hope he is a stud and plays above his rating.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Curious why MN didnt offer. They have a tremendous eye for RB and the fact they didnt see him as a fit makes me go "hmm"

I also hope that puts a HUGE chip on EJ's shoulder. If he wants to bust off for 150+ against them, thats cool with me.

Gophers might have been "full"

Added 3 star from Texas

Not sure

Yeah, I've wondered that as well.  I would assume them already having a RB commit is the most likely answer.  But it is interesting.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - RB Emmett Johnson
  • Mavric pinned this topic