Austin Allen

21 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

5) Frost is a piss poor playcaller 

6) Frost is a bad coach who's offense doesn't work. And instead of falling on his sword and say "my offense doesn't work," he throws his offensive staff under the bus and fires them, as though he wasn't the idiot calling the plays.

**Sorry man Frost hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Both of these points are just, well wrong.

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

5) Frost is a piss poor playcaller 

6) Frost is a bad coach who's offense doesn't work. And instead of falling on his sword and say "my offense doesn't work," he throws his offensive staff under the bus and fires them, as though he wasn't the idiot calling the plays.

**Sorry man Frost hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt.

5. Frost is a piss poor *situational* play caller and tends to panic/overreact.

6. Frost is currently a bad coach who still has a very solid offensive scheme but likes to blame everyone else and has a ton of growing up to do.

• Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...

9 hours ago, lo country said:

With the B1G accolades, why was he not invited to the NFL combine.  I thought he did  a great job for NU this year.  I thought he'd be a lock for the NFL. Maybe that's just my homer fan glasses.

probably because we leveraged about 25% of his potential between play-calls that egregiously ignored his presence coupled with a qb who somehow found a way to overthrow a 6'9 target consistently 

He's an NFL lock in my mind, perhaps not the most top end speed compared to some of the other freak TEs in the league as of late but Id be shocked if a team doesnt spend a mid/late pick on him (4-6)

35 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

He's an NFL lock in my mind, perhaps not the most top end speed compared to some of the other freak TEs in the league as of late but Id be shocked if a team doesnt spend a mid/late pick on him (4-6

I’m thinking late 3rd round or early 4. Talented tall TE have become a prized position in the nfl

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

probably because we leveraged about 25% of his potential between play-calls that egregiously ignored his presence coupled with a qb who somehow found a way to overthrow a 6'9 target consistently 

He's an NFL lock in my mind, perhaps not the most top end speed compared to some of the other freak TEs in the league as of late but Id be shocked if a team doesnt spend a mid/late pick on him (4-6)

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I’m thinking late 3rd round or early 4. Talented tall TE have become a prized position in the nfl

I'm thinking the same thing.  3rd round seems reasonable for sure.  You can't teach size.  And he has it.  You don't get the B1G TE for nothing.  Looking at the TE's the B1G has and has put in the league.  But again, I'm biased.

3 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

Is there any easier job than being a critic?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I will never understand the mantra that we criminally under utilized Allen.

He set the school record for TE receiving yards in 2021. Allen was 15th for TE receiving yards nationally and 2nd in the B1G. He was 24th for TE receptions nationally and 7th in the B1G. All while playing in only 11 games, most of the top TEs had 12 and even 14 games. He was also 2nd on the team for receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TD behind only Toure. 

Could he have been used a little more (especially in the redzone), sure... But you also had a pretty good WR corp, a QB who could run, and another decent TE in Vokolek. There's only so many touches to go around.

• Plus1 4
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Austin Allen