Austin Allen

8 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Wonder who he would have had as his QB.

Well, if we are going to look at AM, we need to look at the supporting cast.  

Oz-last 1000 yard rusher

JD-another receiving threat

Farmer

Foster

Despite the record, that was Frost's best O since he has been here. His QB and other coaches kids.  Not to mention, guys who hadn't spent years with the gurus on the O staff.  The D struggled.  IIRC, that 2018 team scored the most of any of Frosts teams.  5 one score losses......

Side note, I am really ecited to see how AM does at KSU.

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Well, if we are going to look at AM, we need to look at the supporting cast.  

Oz-last 1000 yard rusher

JD-another receiving threat

Farmer

Foster

Despite the record, that was Frost's best O since he has been here. His QB and other coaches kids.  Not to mention, guys who hadn't spent years with the gurus on the O staff.  The D struggled.  IIRC, that 2018 team scored the most of any of Frosts teams.  5 one score losses......

Side note, I am really ecited to see how AM does at KSU.

To the bolded, so am I...but I will be pissed if he tears it up, not because of his success but due to our mismanagement 

10 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

To the bolded, so am I...but I will be pissed if he tears it up, not because of his success but due to our mismanagement 

Same. Dude gave it all.  I'd love for him to finally get that "redemption season" Frost was searching for.  Even if it's at KSU.  He will always be a Husker.

21 hours ago, ZRod said:

I will never understand the mantra that we criminally under utilized Allen.

21 hours ago, ZRod said:

Allen was 15th for TE receiving

21 hours ago, ZRod said:

He was 24th for TE receptions nationally and 7th in the B1G

Absolutely criminal numbers for an elite talent at the position. 

Not to mention his 3 career TDs . . .

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely criminal numbers for an elite talent at the position. 

Not to mention his 3 career TDs . . .

Like I said more targets in the redzone. But you're just trying to be dramatic at this point. He's number 2 in the B1G for receiving yards at a school who struggled and didn't play as many games as the others with top TEs. 

• Plus1 3
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Austin Allen

The Aurora grad — who measured at slightly above 6-foot-8 and 253 pounds — flashed elite explosion and agility in addition to size.

His 20-yard shuttle time of 4.26 ranked second of 10 participating tight ends, .01 behind Indiana’s Peyton Hendershot. His three-cone drill time (7.00 seconds) was the best of eight players at his position. His broad jump (10 feet, 1 inch) was third in his group.

Allen’s 40-yard dash of 4.83 ranked 10th of 12. The fastest tight end was Maryland’s Chig Okonkwo (4.52).

I am very confused.Allen was underutilized but Martinez is going to carve it up for KSU? Did some of you watch the games last year?

The coaches put Allen in position to succeed all the time. The only reason Allen didn't have double the touchdowns he did is because he couldn't jump higher. 

Game after game Allen would be wide open on a simple roll-out or curl with nothing between him and the endzone and Martinez would throw it so far over his head that he couldn't even jump high enough to get fingertips on the ball. 

But who knows, after 4 years Martinez finally learned how to throw a consistently good screen pass that didn't force the receiver to change speed suddenly or to contort their body to get the ball. Maybe year 6 is where he learns to throw to it up where an NFL caliber TE can go get it. Too bad he doesn't play with one any more.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
On 3/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, Blackshirt316 said:

I am very confused.Allen was underutilized but Martinez is going to carve it up for KSU? Did some of you watch the games last year?

The coaches put Allen in position to succeed all the time. The only reason Allen didn't have double the touchdowns he did is because he couldn't jump higher. 

Game after game Allen would be wide open on a simple roll-out or curl with nothing between him and the endzone and Martinez would throw it so far over his head that he couldn't even jump high enough to get fingertips on the ball. 

But who knows, after 4 years Martinez finally learned how to throw a consistently good screen pass that didn't force the receiver to change speed suddenly or to contort their body to get the ball. Maybe year 6 is where he learns to throw to it up where an NFL caliber TE can go get it. Too bad he doesn't play with one any more.

I still have nightmares of Martinez overthrowing wide open recievers

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1