Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

So the rumor here in the Baton Rouge area is that Mickey Joseph told admins that some current recruits would not stay committed if he's not retained. Not sure if there's any validity to these claims, but I do know for a fact that last night he was still out recruiting for LSU because the #1 WR in Louisiana plays for my school and he did an in-home visit last night. Apparently Brian Kelly hasn't decided who he's going to retain, but LSU needs a New Orleans connection so the feeling is that Kelly will want to retain him. Kelly said he hasn't made those decisions yet, which is why we're waiting in limbo. I also emailed the kid's dad to see if Mickey mentioned that he was leaving for Nebraska, but haven't received a reply yet.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

Sounds like if he's "telling the admn current recruits will go if he does (paraphrase, it doesn't sound like he wants to leave. I'm guessing no different than hiring a guy that's been fired, but I'd like a guy that wants us as much as we want him. And I'd only want to stay where the HC wants me.

@The Scarlet PimpernelThanks for posting some real time info.

You're making too much out of the "he doesn't want to come to NU in the first place" angle. Joseph is a Louisiana native, does a ton of stuff in the community, and feels a close tie to LSU. He's been in Louisiana a lot longer than his 4 years at NU which were thirty years ago.

• Plus1 8
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Sounds like if he's "telling the admn current recruits will go if he does (paraphrase, it doesn't sound like he wants to leave. I'm guessing no different than hiring a guy that's been fired, but I'd like a guy that wants us as much as we want him. And I'd only want to stay where the HC wants me.

@The Scarlet PimpernelThanks for posting some real time info.

Oh, he definitely doesn't want to leave, I know that for a fact... which is why he hasn't accepted the job yet. He's waiting to see if he's going to be retained or not. I'm personally hoping the rumors are true because if so, his comments likely rubbed them the wrong way and he would be let go. Apparently these things were said before the new HC was even announced, so I don't think Kelly cares one way or another. Probably depends more on if Kelly plans to bring his WR coach from ND (DelVaughn Alexander) with him, and if that coach would want to come to LSU. Some seem to think that one of LSU's WRs - Deion Smith - who came to LSU mainly because of Joseph - would transfer if he leaves (not necessarily to Nebraska). If I were to guess, I think Kelly will retain him, due to his recruiting ties. The Joseph family is well-known throughout the New Orleans area.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You're making too much out of the "he doesn't want to come to NU in the first place" angle. Joseph is a Louisiana native, does a ton of stuff in the community, and feels a close tie to LSU. He's been in Louisiana a lot longer than his 4 years at NU which were thirty years ago.

......but Nebraska's resources, facilities and fan base .....

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Oh, he definitely doesn't want to leave, I know that for a fact... which is why he hasn't accepted the job yet. He's waiting to see if he's going to be retained or not. I'm personally hoping the rumors are true because if so, his comments likely rubbed them the wrong way and he would be let go. Apparently these things were said before the new HC was even announced, so I don't think Kelly cares one way or another. Probably depends more on if Kelly plans to bring his WR coach from ND (DelVaughn Alexander) with him, and if that coach would want to come to LSU. Some seem to think that one of LSU's WRs - Deion Smith - who came to LSU mainly because of Joseph - would transfer (not necessarily to Nebraska).

Yeah, that alleged comment wouldn't be a wise thing to do.

Just now, TheSker said:

Yeah, that alleged comment wouldn't be a wise thing to do.

Apparently they must be referring to guys already on the roster, like Smith, because LSU currently only has one WR commit: De'Coldest ToEvaDoIt Crawford. Yes, that's his real name. I saw him play in the playoffs a couple years back and I wasn't impressed, to be honest.

I don’t get how MJ out recruiting is a tell. Brian Kelly was in a recruiting trip for ND when he was hired, hence the infamous tweet. 

Now I know he doesn’t want to come to Lincoln. He’s a Nola boy. Check out his history through Katrina. His heart is in Louisiana. 

plus he knows what February feel like in Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think anyone is insinuating that. I expect him to continue to recruit for LSU until his contract expires. Heck, Orgeron continued to recruit for LSU even after he was fired.

It has been talked ad nauseam on all the Zone’s shows. People are insinuating that. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator