Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

i repeatedly said this after it was announced that Frost was being retained: what coordinators are going to come to a place where the HC’s seat is white-hot, where you might only be for one season? 

Yep. This is another one of the reasons that it made so little sense to make and announce the firings after game 10.

Now, Frost opening up an extra $1M in the budget to spend on sweetening the guaranteed money for an offensive coordinator helps.

Basically it's always about the money and building your resume; if both of those boxes get checked, then you can get some coaches in here.

Just now, knapplc said:

I'd be more comfortable with that, but it's weird that he'd hire a position coach before his OC.

Unless he's finalizing the whole offensive staff, and this is just the one we heard about.

Hopefully they have it all sorted and are just waiting to announce.  Personally I would rather get word out to recruits about 3 days ago but oh well.

38 minutes ago, M.A. said:

WR's, recruiting coordinator

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd be more comfortable with that, but it's weird that he'd hire a position coach before his OC.

Unless he's finalizing the whole offensive staff, and this is just the one we heard about.

We might just be raiding a whole LOT of LSU's former staff, which could be part of the reason Mickey is coming. Keeping as much of the band together as possible and just playing at a different venue. Importing some SEC ways into Frost's thinking and the B1G sounds like an interesting experiment, (if I'm right about this.)

Here is an interesting quote:

Whoever is hired by Tigers athletic director Scott Woodward should feel free to bring in his own staff.

But I think the new head coach would be wise to retain three of LSU’s current assistants — specifically for recruiting purposes.

Defensive backs coach Corey Raymond, running backs coach Kevin Faulk, and wide receivers coach Mickey Joseph all need to be part of LSU’s new coaching staff in 2022.

Source: https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2021/11/05/3-lsu-football-assistants-new-head-coach-needs-retain/

Contracts for assistant coaches Kevin Faulk, Mickey Joseph, Greg McMahon, Bill Johnson and Steven Ensminger expire in March 2022

Ed Orgeron could work for peanuts and just slurp that tasty LSU money (to the tune of 16.9 million). Rehabilitating his image while taking credit for a massive turnaround at Nebraska could look good on his resume.

• Fire 1
45 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Hopefully they have it all sorted and are just waiting to announce.  Personally I would rather get word out to recruits about 3 days ago but oh well.

Who’s to say they haven’t told recruits already? Maybe everything is planned and they are announcing at a time that works for the coaches? Maybe frost started with OC and got their buy-in to bring in MJ. I bet we learn a lot more on Sunday and Monday. 

12 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

We might just be raiding a whole LOT of LSU's former staff, which could be part of the reason Mickey is coming. Keeping as much of the band together as possible and just playing at a different venue. Importing some SEC ways into Frost's thinking and the B1G sounds like an interesting experiment, (if I'm right about this.)

Here is an interesting quote:

Source: https://deathvalleyvoice.com/2021/11/05/3-lsu-football-assistants-new-head-coach-needs-retain/

Ed Orgeron could work for peanuts and just slurp that tasty LSU money (to the tune of 16.9 million). Rehabilitating his image while taking credit for a massive turnaround at Nebraska could look good on his resume.

Why people keep bringing up Ed O?  Isnt his background on the defensive side of the ball?  I must be missing something why some are clamoring for him given its the offensive side we need to address

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Why people keep bringing up Ed O?  Isnt his background on the defensive side of the ball?  I must be missing something why some are clamoring for him given its the offensive side we need to address

Apparently some folks at LSU thought he was offensive enough to let go. 

• Haha 1
  • seaofred92 changed the title to Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator