Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Might be a play where he is OC and OL Coach. I am also now starting to think Ron Brown and Busch arent getting a spot because if they were that is an easy announcement that would have already occurred you would think. 

Are we correct in assuming Ron Brown won’t/can’t recruit?  I would think that’s why you can’t keep him in place. Lot of ground to cover when recruiting for Nebraska and everyone has to do their part 

5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Might be a play where he is OC and OL Coach. I am also now starting to think Ron Brown and Busch arent getting a spot because if they were that is an easy announcement that would have already occurred you would think. 

I am just trying to figure out why any of them would leave their current gig. 

My two cents on why they would leave their current gig:

1.  Grimes-While Baylor has been very solid the past few years, they are also part of the Big 12 which I believe is a conference on the decline.  Thus, getting out sooner than later might be appealing.  

2.  Ludwig-Utah has been a very solid team under Whittingham but the Pac 12 tends not to get as much attention as the SEC or BIG.  Plus he had huge success in the BIG and his Wisconsin offense in 2013 set records.  Maybe he feels he could replicate that at Nebraska?

3.  Ruggerio-Wake has had a good run the past few years but cannot match the history and support that Nebraska offers.  I also think the BIG would be a step up from the ACC.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, theknife said:

1. Andy Lutwig-Utah- 855k 

2. Jeff Grimes-Baylor 560k

3. Warren Ruggerio-Wake 826k

Maybe we opened the bag and will be paying 1 million+? (if these were the guys)

Yes I am expecting this to be a $1M plus offer given how much Frost has on the line to succeed immediately and he has given away $1M of his own salary for 2022.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

My two cents on why they would leave their current gig:

1.  Grimes-While Baylor has been very solid the past few years, they are also part of the Big 12 which I believe is a conference on the decline.  Thus, getting out sooner than later might be appealing.  

2.  Lutwig-Utah has been a very solid team under Whittingham but the Pac 12 tends not to get as much attention as the SEC or BIG.  Plus he had huge success in the BIG and his Wisconsin offense in 2013 set records.  Maybe he feels he could replicate that at Nebraska?

3.  Ruggerio-Wake has had a good run the past few years but cannot match the history and support that Nebraska offers.  I also think the BIG would be a step up from the ACC.  

Yo you copy and pasted this or else I can see the future lol 

1 minute ago, observer3 said:

Ah OK very interesting, I apologize if I was passing along outdated info.

It was the general consensus and rumors that he was hanging it up but recently hes been denying it. 

• Plus1 1