Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

On 12/2/2021 at 8:19 PM, krc1995 said:

Ask yourself it makes sense to hire a WR coach before an OC. Unless you have hired one in secret. Which is entirely possible. 

O'Brien? Really thought we'd know by now. He's been a NO for me mostly related to the issues with the Texans. Given names thrown around like Morris, Harrell, Anae and Kittley I'd take him. Discussions have been going on for awhile.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, M.A. said:

O'Brien? Really thought we'd know by now. He's been a NO for me mostly related to the issues with the Texans. Given names thrown around like Morris, Harrell, Anae, Kittley and Hill I'd take him. Discussions have been going on for awhile.

You’ve got to think he coaching right now. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"Great profession, ugly business".   Great summary of the coaching profession by Mickey.

Yup.  It’s a tough, vicious business.   Lots more ugly than nice.  Most coaches fail.  Town to town up and down the dial kind of career.  A majority of of coaches get “let go” multiple times.  

• Fire 2

I liked his initial comments about working on  technique and just tightening some things up within the program.  I think this goes back to Betts running the wrong or not perfect routes and the RB's making a couple wrong plays.  The continued penalties and miscues.  Focusing on the basics.  We seem to not focus on the little things which make the big things not work.  

• Plus1 3

So what does Assistant Head Coach title mean practically for him.  Does it mean that when Frost has a colonoscopy, Joseph becomes the head coach and carry the 'black clipboard"?     Is it something that gives him the inside route to the HC job if Frost is let go and was he given that title for that purpose?  
So did Frost hire his replacement? :dunno:dunno:dunno

8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what does Assistant Head Coach title mean practically for him.  Does it mean that when Frost has a colonoscopy, Joseph becomes the head coach and carry the 'black clipboard"?     Is it something that gives him the inside route to the HC job if Frost is let go and was he given that title for that purpose?  
So did Frost hire his replacement? :dunno:dunno:dunno

I don't think it has anything to do with that.  I believe it's someone who is kind of like a VP of a company.  They help the HC manage the program.  I'm sure the actual duties vary depending on the HC and program.

As far as Joseph goes, I'm sure it looks good on a resume if and when he wants to apply for a HC position.

If Frost gets fired, it's probably not going to the associate head coach that gets hired.  If Frost is very successful over the next 5 years and leaves for another job, then the program would probably consider Joseph.

• Plus1 1