Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

1 hour ago, M.A. said:

Joseph is going to challenge his guys to be and do better. I think he’ll go right up to the line doing what’s necessary to light a fire in their pants without going beyond it. It might not always be pleasant though it’s going to pay dividends for his players and the unit as a whole. 

I hope so! I think we need that kind of discipline to eliminate as many mistakes as we can. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I don't recall Joseph breaking his leg in that game, he did get 125 stitches from a nasty cut that happened when he got shoved into the bench but I do seem to recall him standing on the sidelines afterwards.

https://omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/former-husker-mickey-joseph-reportedly-turned-down-offer-to-join-nebraska-coaching-staff/article_9317216b-559d-59d2-b940-4f93d2f7b8aa.html

Other sources say he broke it but that's not what I recall from watching the game.

Whatever the injury, it was a nasty, dirty play that took out our starting QB.  Mike Grant didn't give us the same chance to win.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Whatever the injury, it was a nasty, dirty play that took out our starting QB.  Mike Grant didn't give us the same chance to win.

It was a nasty gash on Mickey's lower leg, which I think got into his muscle (calf) and really impacted his speed and quickness for the remainder of his career.  He wasn't the same after this game.

4 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I don't disagree with that at all.

Funny how we had three quarterbacks in a row that didn't really pan out, Joseph, McCant and Grant.

That said, did we hire Joseph? lol

I think McCant panned out.  He came out of nowhere and led NU to a Big 8 championship his senior year in 1991.  Joseph also had his moments, and if a few plays go differently against Colorado in 1990, he's also a QB to a conference championship team.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

giphy-4-1.gif

Can't tell if this guy is serious.  :dunno