Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

• 3 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

best gamer or best practicer?

Hopefully - both.  These new coaches are NOT gonna start with favorites surely.  They know it’s do or die season.  No more next years.  Get R Done time is now!   

The most important character of all 4 Frost coached teams has been heart and effort and a never quit trying attitude.  This is the BEST thing I give Frost an A+ Superior grade.  

Maybe that’s part of his No fear of failure slogan but I don’t even like hearing the word failure mentioned.  That plants a seed of doubt.  

I liked TO’s simply - Nebraska football - where the good get better!   Positive and never done - always room to improve.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Hopefully - both.  These new coaches are NOT gonna start with favorites surely.  They know it’s do or die season.  No more next years.  Get R Done time is now!   

The most important character of all 4 Frost coached teams has been heart and effort and a never quit trying attitude.  This is the BEST thing I give Frost an A+ Superior grade.  

Maybe that’s part of his No fear of failure slogan but I don’t even like hearing the word failure mentioned.  That plants a seed of doubt.  

I liked TO’s simply - Nebraska football - where the good get better!   Positive and never done - always room to improve.  

Shouldnt you have some fear of failure though? Like I make sure I do things properly at work to ensure I am not fired, I dont want to fail. 

• Plus1 2

Another interpretation of no fear of failure might be - failing is no problem or we don’t care if you fail so neither should you.  

i believe I understand what Frost intends - more of - Don’t worry if you mess up once, get after it and do better next time - we wont hold it against you.  This sort of thing.  

Still, I don’t think Hoiberg tells his player, in the time out before attempting the game winning free throws, “it’s ok if you miss em, no matter”.  
You subconsciously suggest you lack faith in the player.  Why not simply say - go make em both just like you do in practice every day!   If he misses, simply greet him after and say, don’t fret, you’ll get em next time!   

Be positive and confident is all I’m suggesting. Encourage, don’t excuse.  Have expectations of success, not failure.  Not a big deal but psychology is a factor.  I’m not a coach but I’ve been around a lot in many sports.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If Betts buys in, he's  1st team B1G receiver caliber next season.

How you practice absolutely has to matter. Because not every player on the team can get by on talent alone, and if you let poor practice habits slide with the super talented kids.... Not a good recipe for success.

I'm old enough to remember a coach that didn't think the super talented kids needed to either.  Yeah....that didn't work out well.

• Plus1 1