Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

13 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Chins would be a good HC.  Keep entire staff except Frost could be an option. Maybe. 

Why?!?!?  Why would you keep the staff of the guy you fired together.  Why wouldn’t you just keep the guy?!?!  

dumb … just dumb.  Off season in full effect I guess. 

frost isn’t getting fired unless he wins less than 5 games.  Calling my shot now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Why?!?!?  Why would you keep the staff of the guy you fired together.  Why wouldn’t you just keep the guy?!?!  

frost isn’t getting fired unless he wins less than 5 games.  Calling my shot now. 

I agree that if Frost fails, that most of his staff should be gone with him.  It doesn't make any sense to keep all/most of the staff just because the head man failed the most.

I generally think that new coaches should be able to bring in their entire own staff, but keeping strong recruiters (like Joseph and Busch) who are getting their feet into the local area would be worth retaining.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that if Frost fails, that most of his staff should be gone with him.  It doesn't make any sense to keep all/most of the staff just because the head man failed the most.

I generally think that new coaches should be able to bring in their entire own staff, but keeping strong recruiters (like Joseph and Busch) who are getting their feet into the local area would be worth retaining.

I don’t disagree at all. That being said, it all depends on the coach they bring in.  Maybe it is Joseph?!?  It’s all a headache I’m glad I don’t have to make and that 84huskerlaw isn’t making lol

11 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

It would no doubt be a unique circumstance, but there's plenty of reasons to do it:

1) If Trev felt that the pieces of the team were all performing at a high level and the issue with getting over the top was the culture that the head man set, and there's a guy on staff who you could elevate that would set the standard that is needed, such as Mickey.

2) At a school like Nebraska where a lot of kids came here to play for a position coach, you could obliterate your roster by cleaning house. Honestly, if this staff all leaves after this year, how many of the DBs are still here in 2023? Or Receivers? We're talking mass exodus that can set the roster back 4-5 years.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

How is it racist for me to say that black kids would relate better to a black coach, especially if they grew up in similar economic situations?

I’m not saying what you said was racist but assuming economic situations for ones race *is* racist. The insinuation of kids not connecting with a recruiter over race would be racism. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I don’t disagree at all. That being said, it all depends on the coach they bring in.  Maybe it is Joseph?!?  It’s all a headache I’m glad I don’t have to make and that 84huskerlaw isn’t making lol

Lol.   I didn’t suggest they do that.  I asked why you don’t consider some of your good existing coaches.  ?    Frost will have had about 14 assistants of his choice to do what he tells them to do.  At that point, why do you blame a bunch of assistants just doing the things their boss says.  When the CEO fails, you don’t need to fire the staff.   Trev is not spending millions more just to dump them in Oct or Nov if Frost’s new plan flops.  How on Earth do you say only Joseph and Busch should be kept and the program turned over to them without at least some time to evaluate their capabilities and work product. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I’m not saying what you said was racist but assuming economic situations for ones race *is* racist. The insinuation of kids not connecting with a recruiter over race would be racism. 

Fair comment about my comment about economic situations.  I don't know how the black Omaha kids are growing up and their economic situation.  I shouldn't have made that comment.

I won't take back my comment that a black kid from Omaha could probably connect with a black coach from Louisiana compared to a white coach from Lincoln.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It would no doubt be a unique circumstance, but there's plenty of reasons to do it:

1) If Trev felt that the pieces of the team were all performing at a high level and the issue with getting over the top was the culture that the head man set, and there's a guy on staff who you could elevate that would set the standard that is needed, such as Mickey.

2) At a school like Nebraska where a lot of kids came here to play for a position coach, you could obliterate your roster by cleaning house. Honestly, if this staff all leaves after this year, how many of the DBs are still here in 2023? Or Receivers? We're talking mass exodus that can set the roster back 4-5 years.

This is what I was thinking when I made my post that started this tangent.

It will hopefully easy for decision makers involved in the program to identify strengths and weaknesses of the current staff if/when they have to make a decision.

It just seems that Mickey Joseph is having a much larger influence on things already than just an ordinary WR coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Fair comment about my comment about economic situations.  I don't know how the black Omaha kids are growing up and their economic situation.  I shouldn't have made that comment.

I won't take back my comment that a black kid from Omaha could probably connect with a black coach from Louisiana compared to a white coach from Lincoln.

If it is a race thing by the kid or the coach, then it’s BS on whichever party holds that view. That’s enabling racism by removing Ruud to insert Joseph, if that’s the perception. 

From the BellWest coach, “if Joseph was there, then Helms and Johnson would be at Nebraska.” If he’s certain those two would be at Nebraska for Joseph then what’s the deal with bagging on Ruud checking in on Omaha? Is Helms moving to WR in college? 

His quotes don’t jive with the Huskerboard rumors.