Mickey Joseph Hired As WR’s Coach, AHC & Passing Game Coordinator

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

We may yet learn one or two guys are ‘no shows’ and be at the 85 limit already.  Hope not.  We need every guys we can get.  Got to put a winning team on the field in 6 weeks!   GBR.  

There will be two fewer players that we don’t know yet come fall camp.  At least two not on scholarship. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I guess?  If you think being pushed around by the likes of Illinois and Minnesota and Purdue on a regular basis indicates the program has had adequate talent, enjoy.

The point is on paper we should have the talent to dominate these teams.  In reality, no.

And no I don't think calling them the bottom feeders of the conference is that much of a stretch.  Even if they pull the occasional okay season out of their asses, they're still among the least talented teams in the conference.

And no I don't think our four top ten opponents last year were bottom feeders.  It would be absurd to think that, and you know I don't think that, but I understand why you need to attack that strawman.

This is clearly a glass half full - half empty type thing.  It’s true the team was competitive with almost every team they played, including quite a few good teams in the top 30.  But, it’s also true that the the team went 0-8 vs those teams.  That is a strong indication they’re not a top 30 team certainly and suggests probably much less since they couldn’t find even a single win vs that many ‘good’ but not great opponents.   The ‘eye test’ suggests somewhere around #70 out about 140 but the win loss numbers suggest lower I suppose. There is a fairly large amount of parity (mediocrity) across the bulk of cfb with the top 10% and very bottom 10% the exceptions.  There’s clear separation for those.  NW last year was hard to explain but they just didn’t seem to try at all, and played well below they’re typical capabilities.   I also tend to think many opponents take us lightly and expect to beat us.  

10 hours ago, HANC said:

No mention of Manning as he went through about 10 guys. What have I missed 

Listening to HuskerOnline podcast yesterday Callahan mentioned Manning was seen on crutches over the summer. Didn't really know what was up with that and probably won't until we are into camp. Maybe nothing but who knows.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Hard to say since he was asked in another question and only mentioned 1 of the 2 asked about before moving on as well. He also wasn't going to mention Decoldest it seemed until asked again. I don't know if anything is there with this but I could be wrong. 

We will know about a lot more come fall camp in less than two weeks. 

From what I've read, he answered about the first guy then the interviewer moved on before he could answer about manning.

• Plus1 1

In the 24/7 article, he mentions about 10 guys, specifically speaking about each one. No mention of Manning. I was just curious if he was hurt. The local sports guy made a comment about the interview and pointed out that a prominent name was not discussed. That is what made me look up the interview to see who he was referring too.

1 hour ago, desertshox said:

From what I've read, he answered about the first guy then the interviewer moved on before he could answer about manning.

38 minutes ago, HANC said:

In the 24/7 article, he mentions about 10 guys, specifically speaking about each one. No mention of Manning. I was just curious if he was hurt. The local sports guy made a comment about the interview and pointed out that a prominent name was not discussed. That is what made me look up the interview to see who he was referring too.

I listened to it, I think it's more what desertshox said. I did immediately have that reaction as well - uh oh, what's up with Manning. But every time the interviewer grouped guys and asked about 2 at once, Joseph only answered the first one. He skipped Manning when the ask was Martin/Manning, Hardy when it was Grimes/Hardy, and Crawford when it was Jones/Crawford - the last one is the only one the interviewer re-asked about the second guy. So could be nothing (Jospeh did seem a little rushed and like he didn't really want to be there), but who knows. I got more worried about Manning when the second guy who got skipped was Hardy, because it does seem like that could be a "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" decision.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

For those of us who don’t tweet?!?

After a quick look: A statement about a restaurant treating her differently based upon the color of her skin. She is not exactly shy about it. Also basically saying if she wasn’t married to Mickey nobody would care about her experience. 

59 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

For those of us who don’t tweet?!?

She apparently went to a restaurant and was told "we're full."  

There is plenty of discussion about the reasoning for that.  She seems to claim it is because of her being black.  Others speculating that they only appeared to have tables open because the outdoor space was not being used because of the heat.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There is plenty of discussion about the reasoning for that.  She seems to claim it is because of her being black.  Others speculating that they only appeared to have tables open because the outdoor space was not being used because of the heat.

When’s the last time (probably never) that anyone on here has seen a black person be turned away at a restaurant because of their skin color? I don’t doubt some kind of minor confrontation/confusion with a hostess, but I highly doubt she wasn’t seated because she’s black.

• Haha 1

One thing you all need to realize is that down here in Louisiana, everything is about race, even when it's really not. That said, when an incident such as this occurs, a woman such as Mrs. Joseph is automatically going to assume it has to do with race. Just for example, over the weekend there were three white kids (ages 17/18/19) who broke into a local high school and started a fire. They were caught on camera and arrested, but their mugshots weren't printed, and the reasoning was that it was because they're white. Had they been black, their mugshots would've been posted all over social media and the front page of the local newspaper... at least that's what many down here think.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My daughter and I went to a restaurant recently that had a ton of empty tables but was close to the dinner rush and were reserved already. They told us they were booked and would be over and hour wait. Maybe this restaurant takes reservations and the looks were deceiving.