Martinez enters transfer portal

He played tough this year.  He made some great plays with his legs and hit some big passes this year compared to last year.  The turnovers.  One thing I will also remember about him.  The decision making.  I wish him the best of luck wherever he lands.

It is so strange that this is a guy who SF literally clung to who now apparently is looking to play elsewhere.  

Just another normal day it seems during SF's tenure here.  

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

With his surgery timeline he's not playing in 2022, right? 

What kind of degree will he be seeking at that point? A doctorate? Or still just a masters?

He's going to graduate from UCLA after playing seven years of college football.  

I'm gonna miss him.  He was a warrior but I don't think this really surprised anyone.

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

This would also mean that no QB recruits since Tommy Armstrong in 2012 will have played the entirety of and completed their careers at NU, unless I'm mistaken. That is insane! 

The impatience in this generation is ridiculous.  Leaving after only 4 years.  I remember when commitment meant something.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This would also mean that no QB recruits since Tommy Armstrong in 2012 will have played the entirety of and completed their careers at NU, unless I'm mistaken. That is insane! 

It's not insane.  It's modern college football.  In the past, a transfer was nearly a death penalty for a collegiate career.  Now it's little more than a speeding ticket.

This is how college football will look if the rules remain as they are today.

Just now, 307husker said:

It's not insane.  It's modern college football.  In the past, a transfer was nearly a death penalty for a collegiate career.  Now it's little more than a speeding ticket.

If he would have come back, he would have been the only 5 year starting quarterback ever in NU history.  I would consider that more insane.

1 minute ago, 307husker said:

Recall 2012 was pre-portal. That is almost a full decade of QB recruits not finishing careers at Nebraska.