Martinez enters transfer portal

25 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I hope he ends up in the Big 12 or Pac 12 where he will be able to showcase more of his athleticism and won't face the physical defenses he has faced in the Big Ten.  I know defenses can be physical all over the country, but it seems the most physical in the Big Ten.

Yeah, any pac 12 school would be great, even Fresno State.  Just hope he doesn't want to go north to row the boat.

• Plus1 1

I still tend to think that the decision had something to do with the team doctors telling Frost that the shoulder may limit his ability from where he had been at.

I just really doubt Frost said "we're basically cutting you from the team."

Could also see it being a thing where Adrian was just tired of all of the s*** he takes while giving it his all here.

• Plus1 1
Just now, knapplc said:

No, but @ColoradoHusk's speculation makes sense. He could possibly still play with a separated shoulder, but also could have surgery. 

Hard to say. 

A slight shoulder separation is something which can be managed the game it happened, as Martinez is basically just trying to deal with the pain.  But, after the game, they probably performed a MRI to see the severity of the injury and saw that it required surgery, and it's best he doesn't do further damage by playing against Iowa.

• Plus1 3

Just now, Undone said:

I still tend to think that the decision had something to do with the team doctors telling Frost that the shoulder may limit his ability from where he had been at.

I just really doubt Frost said "we're basically cutting you from the team."

Could also see it being a thing where Adrian was just tired of all of the s*** he takes while giving it his all here.

I think it's all of the above.  Frost is concerned about his shoulder.  Frost is thinking he needs a fresh start at someone leading his team for a pivotal season next year.  Adrian is sick of being criticized for every thing going wrong with the team.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

No, but @ColoradoHusk's speculation makes sense. He could possibly still play with a separated shoulder, but also could have surgery. 

Hard to say. 

Ok.  I know he had surgery already and I was assuming it was a torn labrum and not a rotator cuff.  If that's the case then he very well could play in 2022.  A full tear rotator cuff would be tough to get ready in time though.

Whatever the case I'm wondering if this means an OC has been selected and Adrian doesn't fit the scheme.

It's very bizarre that this team is getting worse in a lot of ways for 2022 and yet the expectations for Frost to win feel higher than ever. It's hard to feel good or even encouraged about losing a four year starter, even if that starter was as polarizing as AM. They better hope Smothers or the transfer portal plays out.

• Plus1 5
20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This would also mean that no QB recruits since Tommy Armstrong in 2012 will have played the entirety of and completed their careers at NU, unless I'm mistaken. That is insane! 

Wasn’t Tanner Lee the only QB between Armstrong and Martinez?

Not a huge sample size to get worried about.