Martinez enters transfer portal

Just now, 307husker said:

or about 2 quarterbacks worth of time. 

Didn't Tommy Armstrong or Taylor Martinez finish their careers at UNL?

In my initial post, I identified that Armstrong was the last recruit from 2012. Prior to that, would have been Martinez, but he was not a QB recruit. Before that, Zac Lee maybe, Ganz probably would have been the last. We have had very very few QBs stick around for their whole career since Solich was let go. 

29 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

One of the top 5 people to ever put on a uniform at Nebraska. I hope he has an immense amount of success wherever he lands (coughKSUcough), but this was best for both parties involved. 

If a couple of you want to have a discussion about Adrian Martinez's character, I'll be your Huckleberry.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's very bizarre that this team is getting worse in a lot of ways for 2022 and yet the expectations for Frost to win feel higher than ever. It's hard to feel good or even encouraged about losing a four year starter, even if that starter was as polarizing as AM. They better hope Smothers or the transfer portal plays out.

Ya, I agree and was thinking. As we sit here without any wins, without any offensive coaches, without our 4 year starting QB, rumored to be losing the best center we've had in decades.... It sure feels like possibly the darkest hour in program history. I don't like it. 

• Plus1 2

People are fickle. This last year many were blaming 2AM and saying try Smothers, c’mon Frost put Smothers in. Now that Adrian is entering the portal Smothers isn’t good enough, need to hit the portal, has a noodle arm, etc.

I realize it may not be the same people saying both things but I still find it amusing. The next guy is always the favorite.

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think all of you wishing for someone else at QB may be in for a fun time next year.  The grass isn't always greener, maybe I am wrong, we will see.

Agree. It will almost be worth it for the people who have been going off on Adrian. I guess one Iowa game wasn’t enough to show them he was the least of our problems. Without him we don’t have all those one score losses……instead we would have the same number of losses but by way more points.

• Plus1 2