Martinez enters transfer portal

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I don't think it's a stretch to say he has the physical abilities.  If Adrian had played behind a great O-Line, maybe his story would be a lot different.  I do think he still has a shot to play on Sundays if he can put together a great 2022 on another team.  

maybe he makes the NFL as a receiver or DB, not sure he would succeed as a QB with his turnovers (fumbles).  hard to pin all the fumbles on the O-line in this case.

• Fire 1

I'm happy to see Martinez finish his college eligibility at the school of his choice if that's what he wants.

I'm in favor of both parties moving on.  His issue has been turnovers.  Verduzco cut his sleeves off in the Rutgers game in 2020 because of his turnovers.

And whether it be the Michigan fumble this season or the 4 INT performance against Purdue, the kid just couldn't kick the turnover habit.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, lo country said:

Can't lie. I wish all the guys that have left NU success. It's not personal.  I'd have liked some of the guys to have waited until the staff was announced settled.  Maybe even talk to the new position to get a no BS assessment before you pop smoke.  Then again, get out while teams are still looking and before they sign recruits.  Again, it's a business.

Exactly. I have never understood the people that just want to wish these guys a crappy career.

Does it hurt to watch guys like Wandale have success, of course, but happy he found a place that made him better.

Sometimes these guys dont leave the right way, but rarely will I wish ill. Glad they are finding better for themselves. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not funny at all.  Sad really.   Heck of lot want Adrian back.  He’d be better than some.  Likely better than Logan.   Heinrich ??   Never seen him play.  Masker.  Most likely.  Torres - very likely as he was hurt and won’t have time to learn much.  

Well Adrian was probably the most talented QB we may have ever had. He was also probably the worst QB we have ever had.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Well Adrian was probably the most talented QB we may have ever had. He was also probably the worst QB we have ever had.

I have heard both those statements.   I don’t believe either are correct.  He was a very good athlete but was not the fastest, the strongest, the toughest, the quickest, the tallest, the most elusive.   Probably in the middle of most of those amongst the QBs of NU of the past 50 years.     He was a better passer than a majority of his predecessors of that same period but not all certainly. 
 He falls in the middle in leadership maybe although arguments could be made both ways. 
He was a great representative of the university and Neb football, as good as there ever was, but DONU has had many of similar character and status.  Very few have failed in this regard. 
He was an exceptional student graduating early.  So far as I am aware, he always was a positive team member in every way.  All Husker fans can and should be very proud of AM as a Husker.  

He was was not the worst QB - far from it.  Stats are only a part of the measure. Did he lead his team to victories?  The QB is the game manager, the ball distributor, the point guard - he did well but not great. 

Reasonable observers can differ and the eye test varies by every point of view.  These are my views and I believe many would generally agree. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I had a labrum tear in my right shoulder that was surgically repaired but years later it still effects what I can/can't do with my right arm. I lost almost 10% range of motion as a result of the injury and surgery.

I also had a small tear in the rotator cuff that was repaired at the same time. That healed far faster than the labrum issue with no residual effects today.

If Martinez did indeed have a labrum tear I wouldn't expect him to be able to perform the same ever again.

Ditto. Had the same thing. I retrained myself to throw a football, but still can't throw a baseball with any accuracy or velocity and my surgery was 18 years ago.... (Damn I feel old now.) 

8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Ditto. Had the same thing. I retrained myself to throw a football, but still can't throw a baseball with any accuracy or velocity and my surgery was 18 years ago.... (Damn I feel old now.) 

But first we have to evaluate if you could throw a baseball with any accuracy or velocity before the surgery....and that answer is also no.   :clap

• Plus1 1