Martinez enters transfer portal

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Frost shouldn't give 2 damn cents about whether or not the "fans," are ready for a change at QB. The only thing that matters is whether or not Frost thought he was better off with Martinez at the helm than without, or if as someone who truly cared about Martinez the person, he thought it was better for Martinez to get a fresh start. 

The "fans," should not factor into that equation at all, whatsoever. 

I think Frost had a reality check vs Iowa.  The 2nd string QB, using his legs and arm, gets us into the 4th quarter ( I blocked out the punt) leading one of the best D's in the country 21-6......A kid who sat behind a hurt AM.  Maybe Frost realized that AM wasn't the answer as Smothers did just as well....

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think Frost had a reality check vs Iowa.  The 2nd string QB, using his legs and arm, gets us into the 4th quarter ( I blocked out the punt) leading one of the best D's in the country 21-6......A kid who sat behind a hurt AM.  Maybe Frost realized that AM wasn't the answer as Smothers did just as well....

Frost's frustration with the quarterback position came long before the Iowa game.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Uh... Smothers made every mistake in one game Adrian did through the year. Safety, pick, fumble, missed throws... It's never been an Adrian problem.

If Adrian really wants to play at the next level a transfer is probably a good idea. At least if he starts it shows he can learn and be successful I'm a different environment.

And maybe that was the wake up call.  My back up had just as many issues as my 4 year starter.  I can't tell them apart if I looked at the stat sheet.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Uh... Smothers made every mistake in one game Adrian did through the year. Safety, pick, fumble, missed throws... It's never been an Adrian problem.

If Adrian really wants to play at the next level a transfer is probably a good idea. At least if he starts it shows he can learn and be successful I'm a different environment.

It’s like two really decent people in relationship  that drive each other insane. They break up, remains friends forever, and become much happier apart. 

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Huh. Did you know that Adrian Martinez ended the season with the seventh best Yards per Pass Attempt in the nation, just a couple ticks behind CJ Stroud?

This typically indicates the OL, the QB, and the receivers are doing something right most of the time. 

Unfortunately the times in question involved fourth quarters and red zones. 

Your perspective is pretty similar to mine.

AM was a really good Husker QB. I'd say he undoubtedly did more things right than wrong. But he struggled when it really mattered. The whole offense did. And he often played a role in those mishaps and game deciding failures as much as any other player or position group. I feel bad that he's leaving the program with few career or even game defining moments.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I was hoping he would come back to finish, what he started. I will miss him. Not a great Q/B but a pretty good one, who could do some good things with the ball. 

Would have liked to see what he could have been, with a very good O-Line. 

I hope he tears it up at his next stop.

Thank you A M.

GBR!!!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Different opponents, different scenarios, different "mistakes". One game all the "mistakes". Seems a little different to me.

I'm going to be honest I'm not sure I understand your point and I don't want to misrepresent it.  Are you saying you don't believe Adrian has made some or all of those mistakes in the same game before?