Martinez enters transfer portal

The thing I hate most about this is that Martinez is the all time record holder in many categories offensively here. Think about honoring classes and building relationships with former players for long term donations, support, and eventually legacy recruits. If our guys don't even get to finish their careers here, our chances for all those things go down dramatically. It sucks for program building. Think about Suh and the huge contribution he made for the weight room, or how Frosts former teammantes - for better or worse come back and help the team with speeches and tweaking Jurgens snap form so he could be more reliable. That's the kind of stuff we are losing out on incredibly on situations like this. Wandale, Spielman too. 

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The thing I hate most about this is that Martinez is the all time record holder in many categories offensively here. Think about honoring classes and building relationships with former players for long term donations, support, and eventually legacy recruits. If our guys don't even get to finish their careers here, our chances for all those things go down dramatically. It sucks for program building. Think about Suh and the huge contribution he made for the weight room, or how Frosts former teammantes - for better or worse come back and help the team with speeches and tweaking Jurgens snap form so he could be more reliable. That's the kind of stuff we are losing out on incredibly on situations like this. Wandale, Spielman too. 

I think this would be a viable sentiment pre-transfer portal era. But this is going to be the norm moving forward.

• Plus1 5
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

it's not like Frost cut ties early.  He's been a 4 yr starter.

• Plus1 6

Well, I had just got a message saying this was the case early this morning. The other part of that message was that Jurgens is leaving, so I'd say that's probably just about a done deal, too. :|

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1