Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

Doesn’t sound great, especially if Trev really did have to cancel plans, but “buckle in for a bumpy ride,” sounds as overdramatic as this tweet from the pre-season that we are all still waiting on:

Sounds like Cam and Daniels are gone? I think a lot of us have been preparing for that possibility. Anything bumpier or is this more drama? Lol.

• Haha 1

Most players tend to have strong feelings for their position coaches since those are the guys they spend a majority of time with, so I would not at all be surprised if some players are upset with or critical of Frost for those moves. It is also probably natural to want to lay some blame at his feet instead of the position coaches. I've worked in companies where lower level leadership was removed while the top guy/gal kept their job, and I definitely questioned whether or not the top person should've been the one to leave. Pretty natural thought process IMO.

• Plus1 7
4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Maybe in all honesty, it's nothing more than the players saying to Trev you fired the wrong guys.  Maybe the culture issue with Frost.  Maybe they told Trev the staff was great.  They deserved another year.  

Certainly all conjecture but I could see this happening. Interesting the meetings between HCSF & the player(s) turned contentious enough for Trev to cancel his trip. I'd guess he probably none to happy about this regardless of how it all actually went down.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Pure speculation, but if AM was encouraged to move on and with him being a captain, it may not have set well with some players.  Especially if they also lost their position coach.  This is big boy business.   Probably a first time experiencing something like this for a bunch of 18-20 year olds.  Scott is perhaps making some uncomfortable and unpopular decisions in order to keep his job.  The head coach coach is afforded that luxury.  This too shall pass.  I’m choosing to not be concerned with any of this.  And I did read the full article.    Again, this is just speculation on my part. 

I posted this in the Martinez thread as well, but on USC today, they discussed a report that 2AM demanded SF guarantee he would be the starter next year and also commit to not bring in a transfer QB either. I could see that conversation getting contentious when SF held his ground. I am also sure some of them are also a bit upset that their coach was let go, but this seems all overblown IMO. 

Discussion starts at 11:10:

USC discusses 2AM meeting with SF

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2
4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Pure speculation, but if AM was encouraged to move on and with him being a captain, it may not have set well with some players.  Especially if they also lost their position coach.  This is big boy business.   Probably a first time experiencing something like this for a bunch of 18-20 year olds.  Scott is perhaps making some uncomfortable and unpopular decisions in order to keep his job.  The head coach coach is afforded that luxury.  This too shall pass.  I’m choosing to not be concerned with any of this.  And I did read the full article.    Again, this is just speculation on my part. 

This. That's mainly it. It's understandable with respect to the players. 

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Most players tend to have strong feelings for their position coaches since those are the guys they spend a majority of time with, so I would not at all be surprised if some players are upset with or critical of Frost for those moves. It is also probably natural to want to lay some blame at his feet instead of the position coaches. I've worked in companies where lower level leadership was removed while the top guy/gal kept their job, and I definitely questioned whether or not the top person should've been the one to leave. Pretty natural thought process IMO.

Yes I fully agree with this as well.  I see this all the time in my company and when people are fired or get demoted it creates a situation where people take sides.  Frost did the right thing firing the 4 assistants and frankly should have done it much earlier.  I also believe he would not guarantee AM the starting spot next year which was also a smart move.  Both Frost and AM need a fresh start from each other.  

• Plus1 1

Hopefully people keep in mind that most media members are not Nebraska fans. Listen to USC for five minutes and it's pretty obvious. They were even trying to pick at Joseph saying he was not a good QB.  Guess that's why Barry Switzer wanted him so badly.  They like pot stirring whenever possible to bring in listeners. 

Twitter has brought about tons of misinformation for years in sports and news and people think tweets are facts but, they are really someones opinion.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1