Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

59 minutes ago, lo country said:

I saw where Cam had tested the waters and could go in the 3rd round IIRC. 

I feel like someone is misleading him with a best case and not average placement. Going in the third round would mean he is the 3rd or 4th best center available, historically. More and more players are leaving early and a higher percentage aren’t getting drafted. Cam is still pretty raw and has only been in the position since his second year in college. I question the evaluation he is getting and other evaluations that are being given out in the last 5 years to underclass men.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/30/sports/football/early-nfl-draft-entrants.html

• Plus1 5

20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The fact Trev had to cancel his trip to Indy speaks volumes, he doesn’t wanna have to babysit Frost and that’s all he’s done since he’s been here. 

I think it speaks volumes to how much Trev has gotten to know some of these players and how they probably feel comfortable going straight to him with their concerns.  Trev did the right thing and decided to be there with them through a difficult time.  Help calm the waters.  Heck, he probably prefers that to staring at Commissioner Warren’s mug all day. Again, just speculation.  None of this really should be too surprising.   Nobody’s happy with 3-9.  

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Can could significantly improve his draft stock with another season and position coach upgrade.  

Sure he can. How did that work out for Will Honas though? Cam comes from a very blue-collar family. You just have to understand that the opportunity to make a million dollars to some kids is just too hard to pass up. And you’re just getting to your second contract sooner if you work out. And if not you can probably still make enough money to make the rest of your life a hell of a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, Decked said:

If Jurgens goes pro so be it. He isn’t ready. I agree with Frost.

Martinez I could take it or leave it.

Mitch Sherman is an idiot. A drama queen as well. 

Who’s in Jurgens ear? Frost is his biggest advocate and played him way more than he deserved. This seems odd. Not a big loss if he goes but seems like a stupid move. 

I enjoyed AM’s commitment but if he actually did this (which I highly doubt as out of his character) then Frost is right to say positions need to be earned. 

This seems like a made up story. Maybe Trev will squash it and there are other reasons he didn’t travel.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

What's his grade? 6th round? Seems like he could go much higher with another year.

I thought I heard on the radio it it could be as high as 3rd round, especially since he will most likely test really really well, but who knows. He had a really good year under the radar. Watching him pull and destroy dudes was fun, wish he would stay, but if he gets that high of a grade I don’t blame him. On the other hand, if he is getting that kind of feedback now, then staying another year could put him in 1-2 round territory, money jumps significantly as well.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Who’s in Jurgens ear? Frost is his biggest advocate and played him way more than he deserved. This seems odd. Not a big loss if he goes but seems like a stupid move. 

I enjoyed AM’s commitment but if he actually did this (which I highly doubt as out of his character) then Frost is right to say positions need to be earned. 

This seems like a made up story. Maybe Trev will squash it and there are other reasons he didn’t travel.

I completely disagree, he is a really good player. People need to get beyond snap gate, which he solved this year, and rewatch games to see just how good he really is.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2

I honestly feel like any drama is centered around Frost and AM.  Frost pretty much put his program on the shoulders of AM for 4 years, and despite some good individual stats, the team stats have been awful.  A breakup between the two was necessary, and with Trev announcing Frost was returning, and Frost then announcing he was firing 4 offensive assistants, the writing was on the wall that Adrian may not have been welcomed back for a 5th season with open arms by Frost, and AM certainly would not have been guaranteed a starting role.

So from a player perspective, those close to AM are going to feel some pain with him entering the portal.  He is a friend and teammate so they will naturally stick up for him.  But as others have said in this thread, football is a business, and Frost just now seems to be figuring out that being the CEO of this team does not mean he is going to make everyone happy or be everyone's best friend.  He is being paid millions to win games and has a greater sense of urgency now than ever to do so.