Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It means that any centers better than Jurgens will be picked ahead of him......so 3rd or 4th round is not guaranteed.

Alberts will be able to give Jurgens sound advice as well.

Yeah, Alberts will say that his NFL career was derailed after an elbow injury he got in his last regular season game as a Husker, so if Cam thinks he has a shot in the NFL go get paid, and hope he has a good enough career to get that lucrative 2nd contract. 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yeah, Alberts will say that his NFL career was derailed after an elbow injury he got in his last regular season game as a Husker, so if Cam thinks he has a shot in the NFL go get paid, and hope he has a good enough career to get that lucrative 2nd contract. 

Alberts just might say that.

But a lot of posters have predicted what Alberts will say about things and been incorrect.

We shall see.

Enjoy your Saturday

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Unless Frost laid hands on a player, why would they go crying to the AD.

My guess, this is all nothing or it’s a REALLY big deal.  But I’m going to go with nothing…

Edit:

Frost: “Sorry Adrian. You know I have your back and I love you like a son, but there is no way I can guarantee you start next year.  Especially as you sit in front of me with your arm in a sling..”

AM: “I’m telling Mr Alberts!!!”

Frost: “Look, Cam.  You have made huge strides.  Not only could you better your draft stock but you would be a very valuable part of our team next year.  I’d like you to stay.”

CJ: “How dare you!?!  I’m getting Alberts in here!”

This is all just silly on its face.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Unless Frost laid hands on a player, why would they go crying to the AD.

My guess, this is all nothing or it’s a REALLY big deal.  But I’m going to go with nothing…

Edit:

Frost: “Sorry Adrian. You know I have your back and I love you like a son, but there is no way I can guarantee you start next year.  Especially as you sit in front of me with your arm in a sling..”

AM: “I’m telling Mr Alberts!!!”

Frost: “Look, Cam.  You have made huge strides.  Not only could you better your draft stock but you would be a very valuable part of our team next year.  I’d like you to stay.”

CJ: “How dare you!?!  I’m getting Alberts in here!”

This is all just silly on its face.

Alberts spent much of this past season with the team.....at practices, traveling with the team and getting to know the players.

Players reaching out to Alberts wouldn't be uncommon.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Alberts spent much of this past season with the team.....at practices, traveling with the team and getting to know the players.

Players reaching out to Alberts wouldn't be uncommon.

I agree with them being comfortable with TA, that’s awesome.

But to make it sound like players went to TA demanding something be done is silly with what info we have.  Which happens to be zero.

• Plus1 1

Just now, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Seems like this is nothing more than someone looking for attention and "clicks" on their Twitter or whatever. Until I hear something earth shattering I don't care. To me it's stirring the pot so people have something to talk about. Lol

I’m already disappointed in my self for spending to much time in this thread…

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Regardless of what did or didn't happen one thing that has proven true over the last decade or so. There are those who are inside the program who do their best to denigrate the program they work for. Those people have needed to be outed and disposed of for far too long. And anyone who wants this program to succeed, a good start would be to quit supporting the "journalists' who continually seek out and post this kind of unsubstantiated drivel.

• Plus1 5

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

When a guy who runs a pizza restaurant is able to fix the snaps in 5 minutes of work, we might not have had the best o-line coach at NU. 

Wait a minute. Is Tom at the Danish Bakery in Dannebrog interested and available...Now those folks know how to cook some damn good pie. If he can coach anything like he cooks pizzas and plays guitar, I'm in. 

Gotta admit the weird COVID season plays into it. 

What exactly do you do with that "free" extra year?

If you're a four year starter on a team with four losing seasons, is your return for an unprecedented fifth season an asset or liability? 

For a lot of guys, that's actually a sixth season of hard core practicing and conditioning for a football career that will be over immediately, as they have no future in the NFL. 

If you really are close to success and you're a band of brothers and you love your coach, maybe you do commit to Scott Frost's Nebraska for a final redemptive season. But the pragmatist would advise against it. Teams with four consecutive losing seasons have to believe they're really not that bad, and coaches have no choice but to coach them up. But maybe they really aren't good enough, as the evidence suggests. 

Part of me thinks Adrian Martinez should be a little embarrassed to come back for a fifth year, understanding his ample chances to prove himself and the need for the program to groom his successor. His best opportunity is to prove himself at another program, and Scott Frost might be doing Adrian a favor. 

But I also wouldn't dismiss the rumors of a larger toxic culture in Scott's program as mere clickbait by s#!t-stirring sports writers. At this point there's enough smoke to be legitimately concerned. 

• Plus1 6
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Gotta admit the weird COVID season plays into it. 

What exactly do you do with that "free" extra year?

If you're a four year starter on a team with four losing seasons, is your return for an unprecedented fifth season an asset or liability? 

For a lot of guys, that's actually a sixth season of hard core practicing and conditioning for a football career that will be over immediately, as they have no future in the NFL. 

If you really are close to success and you're a band of brothers and you love your coach, maybe you do commit to Scott Frost's Nebraska for a final redemptive season. But the pragmatist would advise against it. Teams with four consecutive losing seasons have to believe they're really not that bad, and coaches have no choice but to coach them up. But maybe they really aren't good enough, as the evidence suggests. 

Part of me thinks Adrian Martinez should be a little embarrassed to come back for a fifth year, understanding his ample chances to prove himself and the need for the program to groom his successor. His best opportunity is to prove himself at another program, and Scott Frost might be doing Adrian a favor. 

But I also wouldn't dismiss the rumors of a larger toxic culture in Scott's program as mere clickbait by s#!t-stirring sports writers. At this point there's enough smoke to be legitimately concerned. 

Excellent post, I agree with you.  With all the losing and with Frost continuously throwing his players under the bus for 4 years there is bound to be some internal strife.