Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

My how quickly the fan base turns on a player that is attempting to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. Why be at all loyal to Scott Frost when it was him that made all the promises about turning your dumpster fire into something else? Why be loyal to a program that would not make changes unless forced? I know that you are all loyal, bleed Nebraska red fans, but is there a chance that maybe the current players are the ones that were hurt the most by the exuberance of getting Scott Frost as head coach and then the 4 years of absolute embarrassment to the team, the school, the B1G, and the fans at just about every level. Now Frost tells some players to stay in order to better their NFL chances? Play another year for a loser? Platy another year and maybe get hurt? Is there any chance that Frost gives this advice in order to field a team next year that will not continue the embarrassment and get him fired?

Before you diss any players for the decisions they make, put yourself in their shoes. 

Just to beat you to it, I look for Iowa to get beat today by 3 touchdowns and any Iowa touchdowns will be either made by special teams or defense. We have our own trainwreck over here, it just happens to be a trainwreck that wins games (and I do not know how)

• Plus1 4

Yeah...I think some of the players have caught on to the Scott Frost line of crap. What they are probably seeing is the head coach throwing his coach buddies under the bus (guys who were only coaching based on how their leader said he wanted it ran) along with discarding their team captain and leader who Frost kept throwing out on the field regardless of future health consequences, topping it off with attempting to convince a decent and experienced player into sticking around another year by downgrading his chances to make the NFL all to keep the bankroll coming in for another year.

That is probably a totally wrong take on things but if I was a decent Click Bait Journalist, that would be my story.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Yeah...I think some of the players have caught on to the Scott Frost line of crap. What they are probably seeing is the head coach throwing his coach buddies under the bus (guys who were only coaching based on how their leader said he wanted it ran) along with discarding their team captain and leader who Frost kept throwing out on the field regardless of future health consequences, topping it off with attempting to convince a decent and experienced player into sticking around another year by downgrading his chances to make the NFL all to keep the bankroll coming in for another year.

That is probably a totally wrong take on things but if I was a decent Click Bait Journalist, that would be my story.

Wan'dale Robinson enters the chat.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I do not blame players for anything. They are not the ones making millions. The players are as good as their coaching. If players are coached right, they accomplish and move on to the next phase of their careers where they have a chance to make millions in the NFL. If they are not coached right, then they are an afterthought at best. I do not blame Daniels for wanting to move on or JURGENS. The future is uncertain with Frost and after a record of 3-9 four seasons in, it would make anyone question Frost’s ability to turn things around. Some of these players had a very good season and I can totally see them wanting to make the best out of a horrible situation. Unfortunately, the person to blame for this situation and drama is Trev Alberts who chose to give Frost another year so he can save some money. All the big shot coaches we have been talking about in our threads are quickly being taken by other teams while we wait and see what miracle Frost can conjure next season. I have a sinking feeling that this is just the beginning and many other players will start leaving. We could be looking at many changes to our roster come next season, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, the drama will escalate and we have just begun our roller coaster ride. It promises to be a very bumpy ride full of drama and surprises.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I do not blame players for anything. They are not the ones making millions. The players are as good as their coaching. If players are coached right, they accomplish and move on to the next phase of their careers where they have a chance to make millions in the NFL. If they are not coached right, then they are an afterthought at best. I do not blame Daniels for wanting to move on or JURGENS. The future is uncertain with Frost and after a record of 3-9 four seasons in, it would make anyone question Frost’s ability to turn things around. Some of these players had a very good season and I can totally see them wanting to make the best out of a horrible situation. Unfortunately, the person to blame for this situation and drama is Trev Alberts who chose to give Frost another year so he can save some money. All the big shot coaches we have been talking about in our threads are quickly being taken by other teams while we wait and see what miracle Frost can conjure next season. I have a sinking feeling that this is just the beginning and many other players will start leaving. We could be looking at many changes to our roster come next season, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. We will just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, the drama will escalate and we have just begun our roller coaster ride. It promises to be a very bumpy ride full of drama and surprises.

No top coach would come to Nebraska with the current carousel mess. It’s a fact, we’d get a no name who wouldn’t improve our situation. 

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

No top coach would come to Nebraska with the current carousel mess. It’s a fact, we’d get a no name who wouldn’t improve our situation. 

Mickey Joseph?!?!?  But sure I’m sure we won’t see another Smithers melt down here either.   I have a feeling you’ll be surprised with who they get 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, CyHawk said:

My how quickly the fan base turns on a player that is attempting to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. Why be at all loyal to Scott Frost when it was him that made all the promises about turning your dumpster fire into something else? Why be loyal to a program that would not make changes unless forced? I know that you are all loyal, bleed Nebraska red fans, but is there a chance that maybe the current players are the ones that were hurt the most by the exuberance of getting Scott Frost as head coach and then the 4 years of absolute embarrassment to the team, the school, the B1G, and the fans at just about every level. Now Frost tells some players to stay in order to better their NFL chances? Play another year for a loser? Platy another year and maybe get hurt? Is there any chance that Frost gives this advice in order to field a team next year that will not continue the embarrassment and get him fired?

Before you diss any players for the decisions they make, put yourself in their shoes. 

Just to beat you to it, I look for Iowa to get beat today by 3 touchdowns and any Iowa touchdowns will be either made by special teams or defense. We have our own trainwreck over here, it just happens to be a trainwreck that wins games (and I do not know how)

I suppose it's also a 2-way street.   Adrian stayed loyal up until Scott's loyalty waivered.

As the world turns . . . 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

I do not believe that…the entire state supports the football team. We pack the stadium even with a 3-9 team. No other football team in the nation can claim that. And most importantly, money talks…you can get any coach you want if the price is right, especially when the coach gets to compete in the BiG Ten which receives tons of attention. So, sorry, I do not buy that no one of caliber would come to Nebraska. If that is the case then let us just shut down the program.

• Fire 1