Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

Players who respect their coach and believe in his vision for the team do not leave. It is obvious that the players know Frost is clueless on how to fix things and turn the corner. That is why we have first stringers bailing. If we were 9-3 this season with a real chance to compete next season no player would be leaving the team. I bet Allen, Domann, Daniels, jurgens, cam-Taylor-Britt, and Martinez would be looking forward to next season. Unfortunately, we are 3-9 and I am sure the players who are the closest to Frost and his coaches know that Frost is way over his head so they are jumping ship. I do not blame them. They gave Frost 4 years of their careers and Frost pissed it down the drain because he cannot game plan or put his team in a position to close games. I have nothing but respect for all the players who gave it their best. The blame falls on Frost and Trev Alberts. This experiment should have run its course by now. I bet that Oklahoma who lost their winning coach will still do much better next year than us with a coach who is in his fifth year at the helm. We keep looking for reasons to blame the players. Start pointing the fingers where they should.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Players who respect their coach and believe in his vision for the team do not leave. It is obvious that the players know Frost is clueless on how to fix things and turn the corner. That is why we have first stringers bailing. If we were 9-3 this season with a real chance to compete next season no player would be leaving the team. I bet Allen, Domann, Daniels, jurgens, cam-Taylor-Britt, and Martinez would be looking forward to next season. 

Nobody stays anymore if the NFL dollars come knocking, get over yourself. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Nobody stays anymore if the NFL dollars come knocking, get over yourself. 

There are zero guarantees that they would be drafted in the NFL. I can give you many examples of players that stayed with Alabama and Ohio state for a chance to win the championship. They could have been drafted and they did not because they were playing for a winning team. However, you just were eager to use the words “get over yourself” in a sentence. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

There are zero guarantees that they would be drafted in the NFL. I can give you many examples of players that stayed with Alabama and Ohio state for a chance to win the championship. They could have been drafted and they did not because they were playing for a winning team. However, you just were eager to use the words “get over yourself” in a sentence. 

Yeah, for every one Bama or Ohio State guy staying to win a championship, there are ten more going pro. Also, next year's team won't be competing for any championships.  I don't think Frost is handling things well, but I don't get how you are pissed at Trev for a guy going to the NFL after spending 4 years at NU. He's given enough to the program. Let him go live his life for himself.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Players who respect their coach and believe in his vision for the team do not leave. It is obvious that the players know Frost is clueless on how to fix things and turn the corner. That is why we have first stringers bailing. If we were 9-3 this season with a real chance to compete next season no player would be leaving the team. I bet Allen, Domann, Daniels, jurgens, cam-Taylor-Britt, and Martinez would be looking forward to next season. Unfortunately, we are 3-9 and I am sure the players who are the closest to Frost and his coaches know that Frost is way over his head so they are jumping ship. I do not blame them. They gave Frost 4 years of their careers and Frost pissed it down the drain because he cannot game plan or put his team in a position to close games. I have nothing but respect for all the players who gave it their best. The blame falls on Frost and Trev Alberts. This experiment should have run its course by now. I bet that Oklahoma who lost their winning coach will still do much better next year than us with a coach who is in his fifth year at the helm. We keep looking for reasons to blame the players. Start pointing the fingers where they should.

Disagree. Players who have been on a college campus for 5 years???? Get real. Most have a degree and would be 23 years old. Why not move on with life. Did you automatically forget most are Covid juniors. This is a new era for another year or so. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2
21 minutes ago, HANC said:

Disagree. Players who have been on a college campus for 5 years???? Get real. Most have a degree and would be 23 years old. Why not move on with life. Did you automatically forget most are Covid juniors. This is a new era for another year or so. 

I still believe that if we were competing for a championship and we were so close to making it to the playoffs, most players would want to stay and see it through. With our record being what it is, I completely understand them moving on and wanting to try their luck with the NFL draft. Absolutely the right decision.
However, if the Huskers were the Huskers of the 90s, I am willing to bet good money that most of these players come back for an additional season. Unfortunately, we can never find out who is right and so we will just have to agree to disagree. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I still believe that if we were competing for a championship and we were so close to making it to the playoffs, most players would want to stay and see it through. With our record being what it is, I completely understand them moving on and wanting to try their luck with the NFL draft. Absolutely the right decision.
However, if the Huskers were the Huskers of the 90s, I am willing to bet good money that most of these players come back for an additional season. Unfortunately, we can never find out who is right and so we will just have to agree to disagree. 

We haven't been the Huskers of the 90s in almost 3 decades. Maybe we should stop pretending like NU is that same program. 

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I don’t disagree with the fact that if we were very close to winning Big 10, a few more would stay because winning is a lot more fun. I can get on board with that. What I disagree with is the statements about not respecting their Coach or vision, etc… if his was the case, these guys would have folded way early. They never quit on him.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

Give the examples...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Dave Aranda went 2-7 to Big 12 Champs in 2 years.  grimes took a little used RB, converted to LB and brought back to RB this year and he turned him into the Big 12's leading rusher.  Ground game went from 99 yards per game to 200+.  That's coaching and development.  That's what we are missing.  

......and yet a big part of this thread is the development of a potential NFL center......

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3