Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

30 minutes ago, lo country said:

I was responding to the bolded.  4 years and the kids are probably sick of his BS.  The buck stops with the man at the top.  They are no longer buying in.  I have mentioned ad nauseam that high have been impressed with Frost's recruiting despite our lack of success.  That the recruits must really like his vision.  Obviously with our stellar 77th ranked class, the recruits no longer believe this.  Coupled with alleged rifts between metro Omaha coaches and Frost.  Just saying, something is going on in Lincoln that none of us are privy to....

The bolded, not seen that. Quite the opposite actually. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I honestly think, even losing some talent this year, that new offensive coaches help get this team to the next level. I’m serious when I say 9 wins next season. 

Go ahead, add the laughing faces. I’m putting my bet in for 9 wins.

I won't laugh.  I'm just waiting to see the O staff put together.  Joseph was a good get.  Still need some really key pieces.  If we are to believe the AM rumors, Frost will go all in for a QB in the portal.  If not, we need a legit QB coach.  An OC with a defined and teachable scheme will be huge as well.  OL coach goes without saying.  I think Chin and Co should have good success in the portal and has some depth, but got thinner with Daniels opting out.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Allegedly Bellevue West was mentioned on another board.  Also said Omaha coaches haven't seen a lot of frost and Co.  Might be their (coaches) perception, but the rumor (right or wrong) is out there.

Frost doesn't know how to drive to Omaha. He just knows his best hunting spots are west of Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Allegedly Bellevue West was mentioned on another board.  Also said Omaha coaches haven't seen a lot of frost and Co.  Might be their (coaches) perception, but the rumor (right or wrong) is out there.

Well they are at Burke all the time. Recruited Jackson hard early, offered a freshmen LB already. 

Maybe a lot of those schools don’t have good enough players to warrant a visit?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Twice you’ve made this joke, but it just isn’t accurate. They are striking out in Omaha because they suck, not for lack of effort. 

Enough Omaha people are making the comment of a lack of effort and importance the staff is putting in Omaha. Frost sends Ruud to Omaha, but Frost rarely makes the trip himself.  Frost should be going to Omaha every Friday to see coaches and visit players during the season. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Well they are at Burke all the time. Recruited Jackson hard early, offered a freshmen LB already. 

Maybe a lot of those schools don’t have good enough players to warrant a visit?

Bellvue West does.  But again, it could be the coaches perception.  not reality.  Bottom line, easier to get kids to NU if we start winning.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Enough Omaha people are making the comment of a lack of effort and importance the staff is putting in Omaha. Frost sends Ruud to Omaha, but Frost rarely makes the trip himself.  Frost should be going to Omaha every Friday to see coaches and visit players during the season. 

You expect the head coach who has also been the offensive coordinator to travel to Omaha the day before games?

Ruud is there a lot, because it is his area. We see Frost probably 3-4 times a year. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Jason Sitoke said:

Man, we've uncovered a lot of what is clearly going wrong with this team in 14 pages.

My question is, are the players doing back squats?  

Not all the way.  Flexibility issues.  Heard to further enhance Husker Power going forward we are bringing back half shirt jersey's.  They will be used in practices, the weight room (with Bike coaches shorts) and as throwbacks against OU.

You expect the head coach who has also been the offensive coordinator to travel to Omaha the day before games?

Ruud is there a lot, because it is his area. We see Frost probably 3-4 times a year. 

Maybe that is part of Frost's future plan.  More CEO, big picture coach.

• Fire 1

Not all the way.  Flexibility issues.  Heard to further enhance Husker Power going forward we are bringing back half shirt jersey's.  They will be used in practices, the weight room (with Bike coaches shorts) and as throwbacks against OU.

Not going to lie, this would be awesome

On home games, they do a walk thru in the morning and Frost has the afternoon off. It wouldn't be hard to get a driver to take him to Omaha to go see a few schools each week. Frost has his game plan done each week by Thursday. They aren't doing that much on the day before the game to do "game work". 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1