Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

Duh on Betts. I just didn’t think. Thank you 

Betts was a unique situation. I think Riley actually offered him as a sophomore, which was relatively early, and then Betts was always a grade risk, so other teams backed off his recruitment.  Still a good get, and one of the few in the Omaha area for Frost and crew. 

2 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Over the summer it was the toxicity of the fans - according to one metro kid, which sparked others to pipe up. Now it’s the coaching

What’s next?

What's this about fan toxicity? Like...people were saying that some metro recruits thought NU fans were toxic and didn't want to come here?

21 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Betts was a unique situation. I think Riley actually offered him as a sophomore, which was relatively early, and then Betts was always a grade risk, so other teams backed off his recruitment.  Still a good get, and one of the few in the Omaha area for Frost and crew. 

I mean ... they weren't been able to visit ANYWHERE for nearly a year and a half.  And all the top 2022 guys in the Metro made it clear they weren't interested.  So I can see how the perception might be they haven't been around much.  But that definitely wasn't the case prior to COVID.  And I doubt it will be the case going forward.

As far as "few", that's not really accurate.  Stenger this year.  Prochazka, Bretz and Rollins last year.  Betts in 2020.  Henrich and Hickman in 2019, who were not at all interested prior to Frost getting here.

Most of the guys they missed on weren't for lack of trying.  Woods, Jackson and Ducker were all pretty set on leaving the area.  Helms got recruited by Oklahoma.  They worked on Dickerson hard but he wanted to leave.  Keagan Johnson wouldn't give them the time of day.  They recruited Watts hard.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1