Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

Some really good takes here. I agree that this is to be expected. Did anyone honestly believe that Frost could fire 4 coaches and the veteran players who’ve been coached by them recruited by them, and bought into the ‘we’re a family’  adage weren’t gonna be pissed?   50 year old office workers lose their s#!t during corporate reorganizations….what would we expect from 20 year old kids?  Moves needed to happen, but I don’t blame the players for flipping their lids. 

Also agree that this is what happens when you do the hard thing. Frost fired his friends. Everything he touched turned to gold at UCF. Now he’s made a true business decision and this is the typical fallout. Friendships lost and some of his players are done with him. Might be too late for him to be successful here, but Frost is at least wearing the big boy pants and making decisions for the program, and only the program. 

Still think he gets fired next year, but I see nothing wrong or surprising about any of this. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

Mickey Joseph?!?!?  But sure I’m sure we won’t see another Smithers melt down here either.   I have a feeling you’ll be surprised with who they get 

Is Mickey Joseph the head coach?

glad you got to add something irrelevant though in order to be sanctimonious. 

5 hours ago, CyHawk said:

My how quickly the fan base turns on a player that is attempting to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. Why be at all loyal to Scott Frost when it was him that made all the promises about turning your dumpster fire into something else? Why be loyal to a program that would not make changes unless forced? I know that you are all loyal, bleed Nebraska red fans, but is there a chance that maybe the current players are the ones that were hurt the most by the exuberance of getting Scott Frost as head coach and then the 4 years of absolute embarrassment to the team, the school, the B1G, and the fans at just about every level. Now Frost tells some players to stay in order to better their NFL chances? Play another year for a loser? Platy another year and maybe get hurt? Is there any chance that Frost gives this advice in order to field a team next year that will not continue the embarrassment and get him fired?

Before you diss any players for the decisions they make, put yourself in their shoes. 

Just to beat you to it, I look for Iowa to get beat today by 3 touchdowns and any Iowa touchdowns will be either made by special teams or defense. We have our own trainwreck over here, it just happens to be a trainwreck that wins games (and I do not know how)

How have you not been banned yet.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

I heard frost lost it when jurgens said he was leaving. apparently jurgens gave no indication he was planning to leave early.

sounds like it got very heated and their meeting ended very badly. i heard some details that did not sound good at all. 

not hopeful about next year to say the least...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BoSolich said:

I heard frost lost it when jurgens said he was leaving. apparently jurgens gave no indication he was planning to leave early.

sounds like it got very heated and their meeting ended very badly. i heard some details that did not sound good at all. 

Spill it. They ignore our requests for rumorville so everywhere is rumorville.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
8 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

Why on earth would he stay?  To maybe win 6 games next season?  If he has a chance for the pros, take it.

• Plus1 5