Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

......and yet a big part of this thread is the development of a potential NFL center......

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

Players who respect their coach and believe in his vision for the team do not leave. It is obvious that the players know Frost is clueless on how to fix things and turn the corner. That is why we have first stringers bailing. If we were 9-3 this season with a real chance to compete next season no player would be leaving the team. I bet Allen, Domann, Daniels, jurgens, cam-Taylor-Britt, and Martinez would be looking forward to next season. Unfortunately, we are 3-9 and I am sure the players who are the closest to Frost and his coaches know that Frost is way over his head so they are jumping ship. I do not blame them. They gave Frost 4 years of their careers and Frost pissed it down the drain because he cannot game plan or put his team in a position to close games. I have nothing but respect for all the players who gave it their best. The blame falls on Frost and Trev Alberts. This experiment should have run its course by now. I bet that Oklahoma who lost their winning coach will still do much better next year than us with a coach who is in his fifth year at the helm. We keep looking for reasons to blame the players. Start pointing the fingers where they should.

I was responding to the bolded.  4 years and the kids are probably sick of his BS.  The buck stops with the man at the top.  They are no longer buying in.  I have mentioned ad nauseam that high have been impressed with Frost's recruiting despite our lack of success.  That the recruits must really like his vision.  Obviously with our stellar 77th ranked class, the recruits no longer believe this.  Coupled with alleged rifts between metro Omaha coaches and Frost.  Just saying, something is going on in Lincoln that none of us are privy to....

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

A potential Rimington winner if he'd come back

I think if he leaves for the NFL that's one thing. I think the analysts are pretty close in their guesstimation of where a player goes.  Now he enters the portal, that's a HUGE flag.  He is a very bright light on our OL, but how would he look on an OL with talent across the board. Would he stand out as much?

15 minutes ago, lo country said:

Dave Aranda went 2-7 to Big 12 Champs in 2 years.  grimes took a little used RB, converted to LB and brought back to RB this year and he turned him into the Big 12's leading rusher.  Ground game went from 99 yards per game to 200+.  That's coaching and development.  That's what we are missing.  

I see these takes all the time lately, and its funny to me. We have Luke Freakin’ Reimer as one of our starting LBs and he’s transformed into one of the best in the Big 10. Tell me that’s not player development.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I see these takes all the time lately, and its funny to me. We have Luke Freakin’ Reimer as one of our starting LBs and he’s transformed into one of the best in the Big 10. Tell me that’s not player development.

Or is it a coaches miss that he should have been a scholly guy out of HS??

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

I have no issue with Chin and the D development.  Not since 2018.  They have done a great job.  The ILB, pass coverage is suspect, but it can be improved.  So I have no worries there.  Our O has under performed in every category save TE play IMO.  QB?  Nope.  Revolving RB room?  Nope.  WR?  Again, nada.  OL? Nope again.  But the D, across all 3 levels yes.  Hence me quoting the HC turn around and Baylor and trusting a brand new OC to move a 2 year RB (who played very little) to be moved from his LB position (playing well) to be his bell cow RB.    

Just now, lo country said:

I have no issue with Chin and the D development.  Not since 2018.  They have done a great job.  The ILB, pass coverage is suspect, but it can be improved.  So I have no worries there.  Our O has under performed in every category save TE play IMO.  QB?  Nope.  Revolving RB room?  Nope.  WR?  Again, nada.  OL? Nope again.  But the D, across all 3 levels yes.  Hence me quoting the HC turn around and Baylor and trusting a brand new OC to move a 2 year RB (who played very little) to be moved from his LB position (playing well) to be his bell cow RB.    

OL… yes Cam is going to be drafted. The rest of the offense I agree with. That’s why it was right to fire all of those position coaches. 

Just now, Courtesy Flush said:

OL… yes Cam is going to be drafted. The rest of the offense I agree with. That’s why it was right to fire all of those position coaches. 

They were under whelming across the board for sure.  And IIRC, a non staff member fixed his hiking issues.  It boggles the mind that Frost didn't see one side improving (and not just one guy or position) and the other not and have some concerns.  

And I do think Cam will get drafted.  Athletic, motor and teachable.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

They were under whelming across the board for sure.  And IIRC, a non staff member fixed his hiking issues.  It boggles the mind that Frost didn't see one side improving (and not just one guy or position) and the other not and have some concerns.  

I honestly think, even losing some talent this year, that new offensive coaches help get this team to the next level. I’m serious when I say 9 wins next season. 

Go ahead, add the laughing faces. I’m putting my bet in for 9 wins.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Vrzal is what I heard.

Frost has a few former players helping here and there.  I'm sure they told Frost where some weak links in the staff were 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Which is it?? Is it that great coaches suck so bad that they missed on a great talent? Or is it that he was developed because great coaches all agreed he wasn’t talented?

I think they did a good job with him.  I think tons of kids get overlooked each season and he was one of them and has done a great job and the coaching for him has been really good.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Vrzal is what I heard.

Frost has a few former players helping here and there.  I'm sure they told Frost where some weak links in the staff were 

Yep, the pizza man came to Lincoln, saw Cam's technique and took about 5 minutes to fix it.

Of course, Frost doesn't know that I-80 has eastbound lanes to Omaha. 

• Haha 2