Offseason drama for Frost and departing players

Cdog923

27 minutes ago, Toe said:

FWIW, some are calling Mitch a questionable guy, but I've been hearing since this morning that Benning has been saying the same thing, almost word for word, albeit I don't think it was on his show (yet). So that's two sources, it seems, unless Sherman heard it from Benning.

Also, supposedly one thing that Frost didn't like was that Cam is a Nebraska kid (like Frost) bailing on Nebraska. It sounded like Frost was kinda guilt tripping him about that.

Another board saying things got so bad after the Iowa game, a regent was contacted.....Gonna be an interesting off season.

• Plus1 1

Scott will fill out his staff and the recruiting class.  Both will be met with varying levels of praise and criticism.  And this will all blow over eventually.   There’s a season next year.  Special teams, line play,  and red zone scoring, just to name a few, will be under the microscope.  All this alleged “drama “ will likely become meaningless in the grand scheme of Huskers in’22.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

All makes good sense to me, except that Cam ought to be the last guy ever to dump on Frost.  Heck, for 2 seasons Frost defended Cam despite horrible play (snaps, false start - penalties on the center, etc).  He played him when he was NOT ready.  This was bad coaching imo but Frost favored Cam. Period.  

Now - Adrian.  Same basic story except it has always seemed to me Adrian was guaranteed the starting job because I never felt ANY other QB got a fair shot to play.  Adrian did fairly well at times but his team didn’t win.  He played all the way thru despite injuries, turnovers, etc.  

Many other players stood by and got to watch, not play, thru loss after loss after loss.  
i can see many asking why they never got a chance.  
I seriously doubt Frost told Adrian to leave but he may well have said, I’m recruiting QBs, hiring new coaches, etc. A new scheme is coming.  No job is guaranteed (anymore going fwd).  

Finally, it should be reminded that Frost was told essentially the same thing:   Your job is NOT guaranteed anymore.  Too many losses. Period.  Change things or leave.  Adrian probably liked Verducci and hated seeing him get fired too.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if some players feel guilty they played poorly and their position coach got axed.   Not sure how else men of good character in these circumstances should feel really?  Their entire time has been an awful (losing) experience and a great disappointment for 160 players, coaches, staff, families, friends, entire state and Husker nation. That’s not a legacy many would wish upon anyone.  

Hopefully everyone involved will come to realize that the overriding thing to remember is they were Huskers who did their best and will always be Huskers. Take pride in that and realize they’ve learned many important lessons for life. 
we all live and learn everyday in both good times and bad.   Sometimes you learn more in loss situations.  

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Amen.  If we had beat Iowa, I’d bet this thread doesn’t exist. 

This is why the culture thing was garbage all along. Our culture is so awesome our captains and Frost clash at the end of every season. Winning matters, fake a$$ culture progress is such a useless metric that people cling to when winning is nonexistent. 

• Plus1 6

Before we get too far down the rabbit hole on this one (if we haven't already)... is there any confirmation that Cam Jurgens was the disgruntled player who had a contentious meeting? Or any specific player was pissed about the end of season meetings? All speculation without actual specifics.

Could it be that Frost recommended some kids exit the program as they were unlikely to get playing time? Hoiberg got some heat in his first season by essentially shipping off 95% of the team, including the home state Brady Heiman. Turned out to be the best thing for the guy as he wouldn't have seen much PT. 

Feels like we're spiraling this story which was exactly what the TMZ reporter   journalist    diary entry writer intended. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Wistrom Disciple said:

Before we get too far down the rabbit hole on this one (if we haven't already)... is there any confirmation that Cam Jurgens was the disgruntled player who had a contentious meeting? Or any specific player was pissed about the end of season meetings? All speculation without actual specifics.

Could it be that Frost recommended some kids exit the program as they were unlikely to get playing time? Hoiberg got some heat in his first season by essentially shipping off 95% of the team, including the home state Brady Heiman. Turned out to be the best thing for the guy as he wouldn't have seen much PT. 

Feels like we're spiraling this story which was exactly what the TMZ reporter   journalist    diary entry writer intended. 

It seems that Adrian was the one with the contentious meeting from putting things together. 

• Plus1 1