What will the game result be?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Michigan single digit win
    • Michigan double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2021 at 12:05 AM

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not sure when I've fallen off the wagon faster.  I gave Fred a pass the last two years because I didn't think he had much for options.  We have options this year.  You have control over who is on the court.  You promote what you permit.  If the guys who are out there aren't competing, taking bad shots and not running any semblance of offense, there is a remedy for that.

Accountability is a must when coaching any sport.

Fred lacks in this department imo.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Accountability is a must when coaching any sport.

Fred lacks in this department imo.

Accountability is easy when you have a good team with one player not doing what they are supposed to do like we've seen him do with Verge.

When every player on the team isn't doing what they are doing, it's pretty hard to sit the entire team.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Accountability is easy when you have a good team with one player not doing what they are supposed to do like we've seen him do with Verge.

When every player on the team isn't doing what they are doing, it's pretty hard to sit the entire team.

Good Coaching is not letting it get to that point.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

For Doc being considered a defensive coach, I find it hard to believe Nebraska actually coaches it. I'll give Tim Miles credit that the intensity on the defensive side was at least some of a priority. 

Eh... it was bad last night but pretty much everything was bad.  

Our defensive scheme against Indiana was top shelf.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

That was absolutely pathetic.

Fred and company should be embarrassed by that effort.

I was shocked when I got to my car after sitting though the entire game and hear Kent P & Jake M trying to talk about sometimes you just run into a team that is on fire and no how hard you try to get out of the quicksand (I think they actually said "weeds") you can't.  I was wondering if the game looked different from the other side of the court than it did from where I sat. 

When Fred came on to do his post game radio show and they tried to steer him into their narrative & he immediately threw the team under the bus for their effort.

There were a few players who gave a consistent effort in a way that was useful.  Tominaga, Andre and maybe Walker.  Verge gives a consistent effort, I just don't see it as productive from a team standpoint.  I think Breidenbach gives a good effort all the time, but sometimes he just looks awkward and creates problems.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This team looks like an AAU team of good players that were just thrown together to go to a tournament and play street ball type basketball with little to no practice.  There is no consistent team effort that is well organized and thought out.

Heartily agree.  And from what I'm seeing now about his "changes" it seems more like damage control then clever coaching adjustments.  I fear for the team's future when that happens.. feels a bit like the football program (although the latest coaching changes there just may be the ticket, but that's a different area of this forum).

23 hours ago, ECisGod said:

I was shocked when I got to my car after sitting though the entire game and hear Kent P & Jake M trying to talk about sometimes you just run into a team that is on fire and no how hard you try to get out of the quicksand (I think they actually said "weeds") you can't.  I was wondering if the game looked different from the other side of the court than it did from where I sat. 

When Fred came on to do his post game radio show and they tried to steer him into their narrative & he immediately threw the team under the bus for their effort.

There were a few players who gave a consistent effort in a way that was useful.  Tominaga, Andre and maybe Walker.  Verge gives a consistent effort, I just don't see it as productive from a team standpoint.  I think Breidenbach gives a good effort all the time, but sometimes he just looks awkward and creates problems.

You just can't do this! It is never the players fault. Only the great Saban can ever even hint at this idea. Just ask anyone in the Frost threads. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Is it really coaching?  I mean, being slow to rotate or close out or rebound and missing shots...is that really coaching?

They’re his players… I didn’t recruit any of them. I didn’t tell the local media what great shooters they are. Maybe some of the players had planned on a private club but one of them is gone? Seems like Hoiberg is allowing some kind of insanity in lieu of telling the team what to do.