Abdelmassih Taking Leave of Absence From NU

I find it very very hard to even imagine Hoiberg would do anything improper knowingly.  An assistant not named Doc?  Maybe as I don’t know him at all.  Known as real bird dog recruiters I understand. Fred has way too much to lose to cheat.  He has a long career ahead of him - DONU or elsewhere. Nobody really expected him to make Neb into KU.  

This would be a terrible shame but I will remain doubtful that there is much to this until we hear something from Trev.  Trev seems to be keeping the rules in mind.  Maybe the lack of a ST coach is a part of our voluntary sacrifice in response to the rumored issues with our prior analyst vs coach issues?   Asking for mercy.  Certainly our ST issues suggest our cheating if any didn’t give us any competitive advantage. Our BB recruiting has supposedly been better but it sure doesn’t show in game. Fred is certainly losing about as much as any Neb coach since his dad was coach decades ago. 

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I've heard "worst case scenario" type of stuff coming out about this, but take your grains of salt appropriately. 

What is worst case scenario, I’m legitimately asking.. We’ve already been banning ourselves from postseason play for years with our putrid play. Scholarships? This team is arguably the worst in the B1G already so can’t get much lower. Team would probably be better with 12 walk-one that played unselfish basketball and good defense anyway. We have to fire Hoiberg? Good chance but all this does is give us justification to greatly reduce his buyout will actually save us a lot of money.. at this point I think the worst case is the NCAA forces us to give Fred a 10 year contract and keep things exactly as is and we have to watch this horrendous basketball for years to come. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Farms said:

What is worst case scenario, I’m legitimately asking.. We’ve already been banning ourselves from postseason play for years with our putrid play. Scholarships? This team is arguably the worst in the B1G already so can’t get much lower. Team would probably be better with 12 walk-one that played unselfish basketball and good defense anyway. We have to fire Hoiberg? Good chance but all this does is give us justification to greatly reduce his buyout will actually save us a lot of money.. at this point I think the worst case is the NCAA forces us to give Fred a 10 year contract and keep things exactly as is and we have to watch this horrendous basketball for years to come. 

Yeah usually in these situations the team is successful and the AD has to appease the NCAA and try to keep the successful program in place. Trev can really just s#!t-can the entire staff and say, see NCAA we took this seriously unlike Creighton, Arizona, Kansas, ect, ect. 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah usually in these situations the team is successful and the AD has to appease the NCAA and try to keep the successful program in place. Trev can really just s#!t-can the entire staff and say, see NCAA we took this seriously unlike Creighton, Arizona, Kansas, ect, ect. 

Man, I really thought Fred was going to have us turned around by year 3 (this year). We might as well get rid of mens basketball and go with hockey at this point. Trev knows about hockey. 

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I've heard "worst case scenario" type of stuff coming out about this, but take your grains of salt appropriately. 

College basketball recruiting is shady AF.

A who's who of programs has been caught in some form of cheating and what has happened to them?  A slap on the wrist, if anything at all.  I can't believe that we did anything worse.

• Plus1 2