Mark Whipple Officially Named Offensive Coordinator + Quarterbacks Coach

Whipple's two biggest assets are his experience and quarterback development. I want him incorporating into his scheme a considerable amount of rushing than he has been. Adjustments within games have been an issue for us. I'm hopeful he can help us to do that more effectively. I understand he doesn't signal in plays where there's one to one communication instead. Perhaps Mickey Joseph is involved there where that operates differently. It's an upgrade that's past due in my estimation. Like his predecessors, he doesn't have Big 10 experience. The defenses will be more formidable. He can drawn in good quarterback talent. And, as a veteran will be an asset working alongside Scott. Modest upgrade. B

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Whipple's two biggest assets are his experience and quarterback development. I want him incorporating into his scheme a considerable amount of rushing than he has been. Adjustments within games have been an issue for us. I'm hopeful he can help us to do that more effectively. I understand he doesn't signal in plays where there's one to one communication instead. Perhaps Mickey Joseph is involved there where that operates differently. It's an upgrade that's past due in my estimation. Like his predecessors, he doesn't have Big 10 experience. The defenses will be more formidable. He can drawn in good quarterback talent. And, as a veteran will be an asset working alongside Scott. Modest upgrade. B

He's not going to do that

• Plus1 1

Just now, Dogs In A Pile said:

I have no idea if this will work out but I'm fully behind the new staff and hoping for great success.

I see you didn't share your vision for Miracle Whip's success as an offensive coordinator at Nebraska, and I appreciate that.

All three have been great hires by Frost and Trev, and I have a feeling that Whipple's time as a HC and experience will help give Frost someone to collaborate and learn to be a HC with/from. 

Also, I've heard that we're still in the mix for Sean Snyder still? I would think he'd be staying at USC, if offered, but if he's available, I think he would be a key pickup and significantly better than Ron Brown coming back again, at any rate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1