Mark Whipple Officially Named Offensive Coordinator + Quarterbacks Coach

10 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Whipple knows literally everyone in the B1G, and throughout the coaching circles. There are some great takes in here, but the biggest one to me was when he says “Scott was really the reason.” at the 5:47 mark. I‘ll take that over what anyone in the fanbase has to say all day. He seems confident the team’s culture is in the right place to move forward. Some one make me a fresh bowl of KoolAid. Son-of-a-b!^@h… I’m bought in again. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

7 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Whipple knows literally everyone in the B1G, and throughout the coaching circles. There are some great takes in here, but the biggest one to me was when he says “Scott was really the reason.” at the 5:47 mark. I‘ll take that over what anyone in the fanbase has to say all day. He seems confident the team’s culture is in the right place to move forward. Some one make me a fresh bowl of KoolAid. Son-of-a-b!^@h… I’m bought in again. 

Lol I promised myself to tame it down on the KoolAid. Spiked with bourbon or not.

Seems Mark Whipple's connections and relationships are going to be advantageous with him. That and his vast amount of experience what appears will be a good fit for Frost. The guy's humble and he'll connect well one on one with his players. I also think we'll see a good amount of creativity from him with respect to incorporating different elements into his offense. He knows that you bake with the flour you have and will do what is necessary to win games.

I'm encouraged. 

• Plus1 3
47 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

i think Scott does have it right, problem we all see is that we going right along with Scott as he climbs the learning curve on being a head coach.  He only had two seasons of HC work and that was a group of 5 team.  not sure how much patience the fan base has.  everytime i think Scott is slipping, he does something to change that idea.  weather it is in recruiting or selecting an OC who is probably one of the best (at least one of the most experienced).  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

i think Scott does have it right, problem we all see is that we going right along with Scott as he climbs the learning curve on being a head coach.  He only had two seasons of HC work and that was a group of 5 team.  not sure how much patience the fan base has.  everytime i think Scott is slipping, he does something to change that idea.  weather it is in recruiting or selecting an OC who is probably one of the best (at least one of the most experienced).  

That’s the thing. Scott has his strengths. He’s creative. And I know he has great determination. He’s also had his vulnerabilities.

We could discuss at length where he’s errored or where we’re not in agreement with decisions, his play calling, etcetera. He might be tardy in making these adjustments. There’s things he’s learning.

The important thing is that changes are being made. He’s learning. The fan base has patience I think. We can talk about a variety of scenarios in relation to win loss ratios next season.

But, there has to be a real sense that we are moving in the right direction and improvement has occurred. 

I think these are encouraging developments while he’s got a ways to go yet. It’s challenging on a number of fronts from the recruitment of players and developing them to his team’s performance and ultimately winning games. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1