Mark Whipple Officially Named Offensive Coordinator + Quarterbacks Coach

17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

That quote from Whipple is what stuck out to me too from his presser.  This guy is a major upgrade over Verduzco.

I think I just realized how big of a waste Verduzco has been on this staff for the last 4 years. I’m fairly confident we got a large upgrade in our QB coaching at the very least. Also like the experience he brings to the table which is something that nobody else on Scotts staff thus far can really match.

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, Farms said:

I think I just realized how big of a waste Verduzco has been on this staff for the last 4 years. I’m fairly confident we got a large upgrade in our QB coaching at the very least. Also like the experience he brings to the table which is something that nobody else on Scotts staff thus far can really match.

In hindsight, Martinez lacks the competitive intangible.

....like when Frost had to tell him "sometimes you have to be a little bit of a nut cutter".

Whipple is an excellent hire with maybe unmatched quarterback coaching experience.

5 hours ago, M.A. said:

Lol I promised myself to tame it down on the KoolAid. Spiked with bourbon or not.

Seems Mark Whipple's connections and relationships are going to be advantageous with him. That and his vast amount of experience what appears will be a good fit for Frost. The guy's humble and he'll connect well one on one with his players. I also think we'll see a good amount of creativity from him with respect to incorporating different elements into his offense. He knows that you bake with the flour you have and will do what is necessary to win games.

I'm encouraged. 

I predict it will be a long while before we lose any games.  Several hundred days, even.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Whipple is such an upgrade my mind cannot process it that we had a financial advisor as WR/half a$$ OC. Cannot wait for Whipple to get to work. 

I'm not going to put him in the HOF, but I like him too.  I watched his presser, all 30 minutes, twice.  He is somebody that has been around, is approachable, knows his stuff, and brings a lot to the table.  It's definitely an upgrade.

• Fire 1
22 hours ago, admo said:

I'm not going to put him in the HOF, but I like him too.  I watched his presser, all 30 minutes, twice.  He is somebody that has been around, is approachable, knows his stuff, and brings a lot to the table.  It's definitely an upgrade.

I loved his presser as well.  I'm his age range so I related to him.  I certainly hope he isn't needed in the capacity ... but I could see him being an "interim" person as well if not the next coach.  He's the kind of guy that I think can "right" a ship.  I'll enjoy his input and think he has a great temperament consisting of humility and yet knowledge built amidst relationships.  I'm a relationship guy ... so, not everyone will get him and his way ... but he seems to be a real solid, experienced person in what he does.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I loved his presser as well.  I'm his age range so I related to him.  I certainly hope he isn't needed in the capacity ... but I could see him being an "interim" person as well if not the next coach.  He's the kind of guy that I think can "right" a ship.  I'll enjoy his input and think he has a great temperament consisting of humility and yet knowledge built amidst relationships.  I'm a relationship guy ... so, not everyone will get him and his way ... but he seems to be a real solid, experienced person in what he does.

This is they type/caliber of coach that should have been brought in to begin with.  A seasoned vet with years of experience to rely on. Unsure how "quick" he can orchestrate a turn around, but he and the addition of Joseph and Raiola should be a substantial upgrade over the previous staff.  (Waiting on ST/RB announcement) They just have a lot of work to do.  To quote Jerry Reed-We got a long way to go and a short time to get there.....

• Fire 1