Mark Whipple Officially Named Offensive Coordinator + Quarterbacks Coach

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

From my understanding nobody here has crowned him King. Its the fact that Husker Nation believe's we have a better chance at winning with his play calling. IMO Pat should have thanked Mark not throw shade at him or criticize him. It does nobody any good. Say your peace and be done.

Yep.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

He also was sour grapes when OC Matt Canada left years prior:

“I had an offensive coordinator—I won’t even mention his name—at Pitt. He spent eight months with me, left to take one of those big jobs for $1.2 million. I said ‘I don’t think you want to go’ and he’s like ‘well, it’s a lot of money.’ And I got him a lot of money, I got him a million at our place, so it’s like, maybe he went for $1.5, I got him a million which is just crazy, like are you s#!tting me? You know like really? I don’t even think he was worth a million, I mean he wasn’t even that good.”

No politics, but it's remarkable how much this sounds a former U.S. President.

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Exactly.  They ran the ball 38 times that game...

And you as a coach after the game is played don't go back and watch film to go study what you could have done better. Within that process of doing that you can tell if there was a balance pass/run plays. If you can't tell maybe you need to get better with detail. Bc people are going to call you out and they aren't even coaches themselves which makes it more funny bc it's not their profession.

It sounds like Wipple and Pitt’s head coach did not get along very well. Last season Pitt ran the ball 46 percent of the time. There probably was a personality conflict between the two. It really is classless for the HC to run his mouth like that. And since 2015, he has had, including the new guy, five OCs. That doesn’t speak very well. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Whipple is gonna kick a$$ in the B1G... and screw Narduzzi. 

I like that he's blunt and opinionated, but he's digging down into sour puss and sour grapes stuff. 

Football isn't 3 yards, a cloud of dust and 4 quarters of shut down defense.  What the heck is wrong with him?

I'm done.  I'm over it.

• Plus1 2
22 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

He also was sour grapes when OC Matt Canada left years prior:

“I had an offensive coordinator—I won’t even mention his name—at Pitt. He spent eight months with me, left to take one of those big jobs for $1.2 million. I said ‘I don’t think you want to go’ and he’s like ‘well, it’s a lot of money.’ And I got him a lot of money, I got him a million at our place, so it’s like, maybe he went for $1.5, I got him a million which is just crazy, like are you s#!tting me? You know like really? I don’t even think he was worth a million, I mean he wasn’t even that good.”

Sounds like he could be President!