Mark Whipple Officially Named Offensive Coordinator + Quarterbacks Coach

1 hour ago, admo said:

First game, new OC/QB coach, new QB, new play caller, Ireland, 36k fans...... I think Whipp on the sideline is the way to go. It may change in a few weeks.  The coaches up in the booth will be fine when Whipp calls them.  We should be OK :)

I didn’t say I didn’t like it.  Just wondering who is going to be in the booth giving him feedback. 

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn’t say I didn’t like it.  Just wondering who is going to be in the booth giving him feedback. 

Probably Joseph, Applewhite and offensive analysts. I’m not sure if Raiola will want to be down on the sideline to be with his o-line and review necessary adjustments with his guys based on what the opponent is doing. 

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I was thinking that but it was my believe that analysts can't take part in coaching or anything of that nature. It was my believe that they can help with the game planning before the actual game is played but nothing during the actual game is played. It would be nice if all the coaches were on the sidelines coaching but don't think that's going to be the reality of it.

I think that analysts can’t have contact with players on game days. I think they can be up in the booth, being eyes in the sky with the other assistants. I could be wrong though. 

• 2 weeks later...

46 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wasn't there a stat in one of these games that we've been pretty good a this for awhile?

At any rate, not too shabby.

At least in my recollection we have been great at this under Frost.  It seems later in halves when things are not scripted that we struggle a bit more.  Whether that is other teams being better at on the fly adjustments, or just the players executing scripted things better than the rest of the time is hard to say. 

11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

At least in my recollection we have been great at this under Frost.  It seems later in halves when things are not scripted that we struggle a bit more.  Whether that is other teams being better at on the fly adjustments, or just the players executing scripted things better than the rest of the time is hard to say. 

I wonder if maybe we're all wondering why we don't just run that same drive over and over until a team stops it?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I said it during the game.  Just run the first series again.  

Off-topic from the thread on this one, but it's also like the onside kick decision; it's like Scott maybe can't envision doing something unless it's a complicated version of that thing. As if complexity is the key to beating the other team.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Off-topic from the thread on this one, but it's also like the onside kick decision; it's like Scott maybe can't envision doing something unless it's a complicated version of that thing. As if complexity is the key to beating the other team.

Yeah he's mentioned before or said something of the likes that oh we ran the same play but out of different formations.  As it might be the "same" if its not in the same formation as the first time it worked its not really the same in my book.  Defenses line up differently against different formations.  It might not be drastic but could be enough to help a guy miss a block and have the play not work. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...