Donovan Raiola Officially Named Offensive Line Coach

Just now, Bigred_inSD said:

I'm very meh on this

Please explain.  Just interested in why.

He played at Wisconsin and has a lot of experience, including NFL.  This will be very attractive for recruits.  He may sway Cam to stay because he knows exactly what it takes to play C (although Cam may move to G in NFL) at the next level.

* He also has a tie to a potential QB recruit.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HANC said:

He played at Wisconsin and has a lot of experience, including NFL.  This will be very attractive for recruits.  He may sway Cam to stay because he knows exactly what it takes to play C (although Cam may move to G in NFL) at the next level.

Definitely don't think cam will move to G in the NFL

6 minutes ago, HANC said:

How well will he recruit is one concern

He had success on the field, but how will it translate to coaching?  He doesnt have much of a track record with that IMO

Was he up for other jobs or was this based on his last name  

Fully hope I'm proved wrong though 

1 minute ago, sho said:

I like him from a teaching/tactical standpoint.   I'm really curious how he will relate and adapt to recruiting.  He's really never had to deal with that, and he will need to go get him some dogs to teach.

He's not super old so I think he can relate to kids.  Recruiting isn't that tough unless you have no personality.  Go talk to a kid, tell him you like his film, explain how he could be used to help the team, make small talk.  Text him every now and again to see whats up.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Definitely don't think cam will move to G in the NFL

This was mentioned by Matt Vrzal when he was talking about Cam staying-going.  He mentioned that he thought they could move him to G.  That was all I was going on.

Just now, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He's not super old so I think he can relate to kids.  Recruiting isn't that tough unless you have no personality.  Go talk to a kid, tell him you like his film, explain how he could be used to help the team, make small talk.  Text him every now and again to see whats up.  

You'd think but some are just gawd awful at it.  Either can't/won't text, don't take advantage of social media, and are just so gruff that they can't schmooze parents and recruits.   I'm curious how he'll do.  I think he will surprise people with his coaching skills, it's more his social/recruiting skills that are the big unknown with him.