Donovan Raiola Officially Named Offensive Line Coach

24 minutes ago, sho said:

I like him from a teaching/tactical standpoint.   I'm really curious how he will relate and adapt to recruiting.  He's really never had to deal with that, and he will need to go get him some dogs to teach.

For what it's worth, Sipple on his show this morning was glowing in regards to Donovan's recruiting. He wasn't worried in the slightest and says Donovan has an amazing plan that kids will respond to. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 minute ago, huskerpower22 said:

For what it's worth, Sipple on his show this morning was glowing in regards to Donovan's recruiting. He wasn't worried in the slightest and says Donovan has an amazing plan that kids will respond to. 

Does anyone know when Riola will be available....?

Just now, Comish said:

Does anyone know when Riola will be available....?

Thought I saw where he was leaving the Bears this week.  So, I would assume immediately.

Or, isn't there some kind of test or clearing with the NCAA a new college coach has to go through to be able to recruit?  If I remember right, that goes pretty fast.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Thought I saw where he was leaving the Bears this week.  So, I would assume immediately.

Or, isn't there some kind of test or clearing with the NCAA a new college coach has to go through to be able to recruit?  If I remember right, that goes pretty fast.

Thanks, I wondered if he needed to finish out his season/contract with the Bears..............

Raiola has a lot of experience. As an assistant. Now, he'll be on his own. He brings the right mindset. I think he'll bring good energy and will foster tenaciousness among his unit. How well of a recruiter remains to be seen. It's a step up for him. My understanding is that Quinn was our first choice where a deal couldn't be reached. A health issue might've been a factor. Donovan has his work cut out for him and his role will be critical to our success. I'll be cautiously optimistic. B-  

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Probably online.  Just get someone else to take it.

Until lately, reading this Board was kind of depressing but now it’s downright funny !   Lightens up the day.  
Be great to have a strictly just for fun thread where the laughs keep on coming.  That way we all can be sure the stuff is not serious - though must good humor has elements of truth.   

GBR.