2022 NFL Draft

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...

4 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Rather use the picks to get a vet QB like Russell Wilson. 

That would be cool.  I like Wilson. 

I don't follow the Broncos, because I've never cared about them.  Probably because they have ugly uniforms and helmets.  But still, it sounds like they are in a position to address the QB spot.  From highlights, defense seems to be pretty good.  Oh, and maybe get a better coach.  As a Bears fan, you got Fangio from us, but if you want Nagy, you can have him too :)  But I'd advise against it.

52 minutes ago, admo said:

Wonder if the Broncos make a deal with Jets or Giants, to move up and get their QB?

I agree with @The Murphinator that they will be looking to trade picks for an established QB if they can.  But if they get to the draft without getting that accomplished, I would think they basically have to move up to wherever they think they can get their first choice.  It doesn't look like people are expecting QBs to go nearly as early as most years.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, admo said:

Don't know if wishy-washy Rogers will go to Denver, but if you could land Wilson, or even a guy like Tanniehill you will be instant playoff contenders, in a good scary way. 

Will be interesting to see what happens with Rogers, especially depending on how this season ends.  He sure seemed like he was done a few months ago.  I wonder if a very successful season - not that they haven't been successful before - will change his mind.

• Plus1 1
On 1/5/2022 at 1:05 PM, Mavric said:

I agree with @The Murphinator that they will be looking to trade picks for an established QB if they can.  But if they get to the draft without getting that accomplished, I would think they basically have to move up to wherever they think they can get their first choice.  It doesn't look like people are expecting QBs to go nearly as early as most years.

This is kind of what I've been seeing.

Jags, Jets and Giants (?) don't need a QB.  That's four of the first seven picks.  Probably not the Lions.  Probably not the Texans.  Probably not Carolina.  

So pretty likely none of the Top 7 draft a QB, unless someone trades up.  But there aren't the super-huge name QBs this year either.  So that seems somewhat unlikely. 

So the Broncos might only have to move up a spot or two to have their pick of any QB they want.