NCAA Regional Finals: Huskers vs Texas

Mavric

9 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

Such an impressive performance last night. Great passing and defense and the freshmen were outstanding. Heck of a season already getting to yet another final four. Can't wait for Thursday!

Especially with a quiet night from Stivrins, I know she’ll be tough to replace but this team has a bright future for years to come.

3 hours ago, Farms said:

Especially with a quiet night from Stivrins, I know she’ll be tough to replace but this team has a bright future for years to come.

We have some huge shoes to fill at setting and middle.  We seem to be in really good shape everywhere else.

Not that we don't have players ready to set into those shoes.  Just no experience.

18 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

This male announcer is a jag off

Yeah…uh no. That guy is a *huge* Nebraska fan (as far as personalities are allowed to root for teams) and has given us considerably favorable press during just about all the ESPN games he’s covered. 

I mean, calling us *THE* biggest rivalry (with Texass) at the top of the show, complimenting our pedigree and longevity…seriously, are you expecting him to flash a Horns Down or some ****? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

We have some huge shoes to fill at setting and middle.  We seem to be in really good shape everywhere else.

Not that we don't have players ready to set into those shoes.  Just no experience.

Hell, we were out of system so many times last night, I think the setter was moot point. Plus, aren’t we working with a Redshirt Freshman setter earlier this season (Orr?) that was doing well? 

I listened to JB and Co do the radio casts for most games in past 10 plus years since the times when I could attend matches.   He does a very good job of painting a picture for the listeners.  Not easy to do in such quick activity.  
from what I can discern, our setter play was less than ideal and maybe held the team

back at times.  May have led to several losses in a way. Hames was still pretty good and we are in the final four. We appeared to be a potential natty team, then struggled.  Now a change.   Idk how good Pitt is but I suspect we will be the best team they’ve played so far. 
Either Louisville or Wiscy will be as tough as Tex for sure.  
But Huskers got a chance and seem to be finally getting a confidence factor that’s hard to shake.  Opponent makes a little run but they return fire as vigorously!

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Hell, we were out of system so many times last night, I think the setter was moot point. Plus, aren’t we working with a Redshirt Freshman setter earlier this season (Orr?) that was doing well? 

She played the first two games.  We swept Colgate and beat KState 3-1.