NCAA Regional Finals: Huskers vs Texas

Mavric

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah…uh no. That guy is a *huge* Nebraska fan (as far as personalities are allowed to root for teams) and has given us considerably favorable press during just about all the ESPN games he’s covered. 

I mean, calling us *THE* biggest rivalry (with Texass) at the top of the show, complimenting our pedigree and longevity…seriously, are you expecting him to flash a Horns Down or some ****? 

No, he is a jag off. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Good thing the game didn't go to any more sets, I'm pretty sure Texas' rec center had ultimate frisbee intramurals scheduled right after.

Nah, I'm pretty sure one of the local Junior High schools had a dance scheduled in that gym right after. 

Seriously--all of that dirty oil money and racist POS booster money, and that's the best Texass can come up with for a volleyball program that's supposedly one of the upper echelon programs?

12 hours ago, Hayseed said:

The reaction video from Corn Nation volleyball guru Beth.

She should have one on Pitt soon. Good analysis… way better than grouchy Jon.

I wasn't really that shocked--Texass is a two trick pony with Logan Eggleston and Skylar Fields (when she shows up). As soon as they figured out how to mitigate the damage Eggleston was doing on the edge, Texass' weaksauce passing and defense did them in. 

That's the beauty of playing in a tough volleyball conference--you typically have to lock down the smaller, non-sexy things, like passing and defense, in order to succeed. And when you do, you have a puncher's chance against anyone you come up against. Texass had something like 35 passing errors to our 14 during the four sets. 

Also, it's cute that Texass is trying to frame this as a match that was extremely close. These matches weren't that close--we just let Texass get some garbage points before we put them away (with the help of some bad officiating going Texass' way). 

I'm more worried about playing Pitt and (most likely) Louisville than I was Texass. But if our Fresh(wo)men show up like they did for Texass, that may be the X factor that powers us over the top against them. 

• Fire 1